Poweramp alpha-build-703/704

maxmp

• Replies 700
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Scrobbling has been stated as not fully working on the alpha test releases. It will be supported again by the time v3 becomes a final release though. In the meantime, it seems best to use LastFM's own facility rather than enabling the feature in Poweramp.

Andre

Hi here

ok, here is the deal:

got a new phone after my previous one got stolen

so on this one official latest LineageOS 14.1, NO google, no gapps, only Yalp and F-Droid...

and I am not using LineageOS default email client but K9 mail instead (i'm mentioning this as website license requires email account registered under Settings > Accounts for website license to work; with K9 my email account is not registered on the device)

I have a license for Poweramp that I bought from the website, as it was not working the 1st time I even bought a new one (I can provide proof) but my Poweramp (I use the 703 beta) still does not license

I do not want to install google and VLC is not an option - how can I remove limitations; I understand this is sensitive please PM me

er... should I use 704 beta on LOS 14.1?

thanks

ben

On 1/2/2018 at 6:02 PM, RBEmerson said:

If 704 is in the download horizontal scroll, I don't see it. I do see 588, 703, and an Intel-specific build, but no 704.

Added: I forgot to check the Alpha pull-down menu - no 704, just 703.

Where do I find a 704 download??? C'mon, this should be a no-brainer to answer...

On 1/2/2018 at 6:02 PM, RBEmerson said:

If 704 is in the download horizontal scroll, I don't see it. I do see 588, 703, and an Intel-specific build, but no 704.

Added: I forgot to check the Alpha pull-down menu - no 704, just 703.

All you had to do was click on 703. It would have gave you the option to select 704

6 hours ago, RBEmerson said:

Click on 703 to get 704? Doesn't that seem a bit counter-intuitive? If that's how to get to 704, sobeit, but a "do this to get that" note would be helpful.

Just click on "Poweramp v3 (ALPHA-3 test builds 703 / 704) for standard (ARM-based) Android devices" in the Downloads section. 704 is only a very slightly modified version of 703 which corrects a few issues with high-res output on Nougat devices, there are no other differences between 703 and 704.

Andre

14 hours ago, beng said:

I do not want to install google and VLC is not an option - how can I remove limitations; I understand this is sensitive please PM me

If you don't want to use Google Play or gapps on your Android device then your options for authentication are pretty limited I'm afraid, only a couple of other email clients are supported (see http://support.powerampapp.com/knowledgebase/articles/324284-restore-poweramp-purchase ). You would need to install and configure something from that list to allow PA to authenticate itself, and then remove it afterwards (and you would need it again when you install any new builds of PA, or ROM updates, etc).

Andre

9 hours ago, RBEmerson said:

Click on 703 to get 704? Doesn't that seem a bit counter-intuitive? If that's how to get to 704, sobeit, but a "do this to get that" note would be helpful.

Not really since the 703 and 704 APK download pops up. Just take your pick. Not like there is extra navigation involved.

Edit

"sobeit, but a "do this to get that" note would be helpful."

ahh yes, I agree.

3 hours ago, andrewilley said:

Just click on "Poweramp v3 (ALPHA-3 test builds 703 / 704) for standard (ARM-based) Android devices" in the Downloads section. 704 is only a very slightly modified version of 703 which corrects a few issues with high-res output on Nougat devices, there are no other differences between 703 and 704.

Andre

I'll repeat my suggestion: some sort of "here's what's here" is needed. At least in my case, and for anyone else not using Nougat, getting 704 appears to be of no value. For that matter, had I known 704 does nothing for my [/non-Nougat phones], this thread wouldn't have been started. 

I hope the next version fixes the notification bug on oreo..

The controls turn white and don't work.

Restarting the notification by changing notification temporary fixes the issue, but only until the music changes.

Please look into the problem if you have any spare time to look at it @maxmp. Thx!!

IMG_20180110_022842.jpg

• 1 month later...

Hi,
Using Poweramp for at least 3 years, i have recently been unable to use Poweramp in its full version for about 1 to 2 weeks.

To make it short: even on a new installation starting from 0 ROM for my LG G3 that I use for a long time, I have root access, i don't have install any warez app(s).

I have tested the latest stable version (2.0.10) for several days as well as the alpha-build 703. The initial verification in accordance with the normal operation of the license verification routine functions correctly via 3G / 4G, but the second verification that occurs approximately 24 hours after installing the activator runs in circles for 30 seconds to finally display only an orange triangle with an exclamation point inside and indicate a reason for error "unknown/unknown".

http://support.powerampapp.com/knowledgebase/articles/323557-is-internet-connection-required

I had actually bought the activator through the Google Play Store, but may be since a recent update, apparently something actually blocks the final verification of the license

Technical characteristics:
LG G3 (D855)
Resurection Remix 7.1.2 (November/December Google Security Patches) - Basic Rooted ROM - no deodexed
Magisk managed root access (original SuperSU binary used)

Xposed framework installed
No ad blocker - default HOST file
All requested authorizations validated (storage as well as telephone)
Xposed Framework installed

I admit to lacking ideas, if you can give me clues, I can provide log files as needed.

Thanks in advance for help :)

2 hours ago, Skav said:

I admit to lacking ideas, if you can give me clues, I can provide log files as needed.

As you're already gone through the FAQ, please could you contact poweramp.maxmpz@gmail.com with your system and purchase details and see if they can help. Please state that you have already gone through the FAQ info.

Andre

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone found a fix/workaround for the Bluetooth controls not working in Oreo?

It's sad how even the beyond-poor ES File Manager's audio player will respond to bluetooth play/pause and previous/next track commands yet Poweramp will do nothing...

12 hours ago, Feilakas said:

Has anyone found a fix/workaround for the Bluetooth controls not working in Oreo?

I have not problem with controls on Oreo. Try to disable a battery optimisation for the Poweramp in the system settings.

I am using alpha-703. Some of the media files are in mp4 format. Whenever i play an mp4, everything is fine at first, but in the middle of playing, the sound suddenly got distorted and slowed down. Is this a bug or have to do with the settings?

I tested it with Asus Zenfone 2 (ZE551ML) and Samsung Galaxy J7 Core (NXT), both running android nougat.

On 3/3/2018 at 10:58 AM, clever_man said:

I have not problem with controls on Oreo. Try to disable a battery optimisation for the Poweramp in the system settings.

I always keep them disabled for Poweramp. But if it were that it'd at least work when I had Poweramp on-screen. It simply won't respond to the Bluetooth's commands.

BTW, I read a few posts here and appears I am not alone in this:

On 5/28/2017 at 10:33 PM, jaxtherogue said:

Bluetooth controls to play, pause forward and back don't work in build 704 and Android O. Bluetooth controls in other apps work fine. I have tried to disable then reenable controls in Poweramp with no effect.

On 2/7/2018 at 9:41 PM, Xsilver9 said:

I own One plus 3T and 5T. I love the gesture function that allows you to change songs by drawing > or < on your screen. 

After updating to Oreo Android 8.0. it stopped working with Poweramp. Which is crazy. Since it works on Google music & VLC. Tried resetting defaults, setting defaults to Poweramp, reinstalled and clear cache. The symbols and gestures simply won't work for Poweramp.

It's quite important. Happened to BOTH my one plus 3 and 5. And both my friends One plus 5T (we love One plus and Poweramp) 

Any fix is appreciated.

On 2/8/2018 at 10:57 PM, RayManX88 said:

I own a OnePlus 3T and I'm experiencing the same issues. However, there's an additional problem. Poweramp doesn't appear to listen to my wired headset (when trying to play/pause or toggle tracks with the button) unless the app is in the foreground. This apparently happens in Android 8.0 and later. I discovered a temporary workaround (keyword: temporary):

1) Plug in a wired headset with a button control(s) and play a track inside Poweramp.

2) Press the button once to pause the track and again to resume it (you must be in the "Player" screen - do not do this while the screen is off).

3) Poweramp should now obey button input and screen-off gestures. NOTE: As I said, this is temporary. If you force close Poweramp, the phone drops the background service responsible for running the app, or you restart the device, then you'll need to repeat this process over.

I tested this theory repeatedly, so this should hopefully work for you.

On 2/16/2018 at 9:30 PM, Tweek said:

Having the same issue with my Oneplus 3 unfortunately. :(

That is good to hear! Looking forward to that update. I am also having issues with bluetooth since Android 8. The song title is not displaying in my car and the music controls do not work, it sounds like these issues could be related. Can we expect a fix in the same version?

On 5/28/2017 at 10:33 PM, jaxtherogue said:

Bluetooth controls to play, pause forward and back don't work in build 704 and Android O. Bluetooth controls in other apps work fine. I have tried to disable then reenable controls in Poweramp with no effect.

Some of the above seem ok as long as Poweramp is in the foreground.

Unfortunately, for me it doesn't work regardless...

• 2 weeks later...

Recently updated my Samsung S8 to oreo and every now and then when Poweramp is opened (it is allready running in the background) I get unresponsive/black screens and even the bottom row of buttons can become unresponsive. One time I had to reboot the phone to break out. If I can break out using home button then I can close the app in the task list and restart and things are normal again. The only difference from my point of view from 7.0 is my headphones (100abn) are now taking advantage of LDAC. 

On 3/17/2018 at 11:01 AM, jeffmd said:

Recently updated my Samsung S8 to oreo and every now and then when Poweramp is opened (it is allready running in the background) I get unresponsive/black screens and even the bottom row of buttons can become unresponsive. One time I had to reboot the phone to break out. If I can break out using home button then I can close the app in the task list and restart and things are normal again. The only difference from my point of view from 7.0 is my headphones (100abn) are now taking advantage of LDAC. 

This was happening to me as well and appears to be an issue exclusive to Samsung devices on Oreo at the moment.

New phone, new issue.  Got an unlocked LG G5 running Nougat, and if I have not opened Poweramp since the last boot, my car bluetooth adapter doesn't interact with Poweramp unless I start playing music in the app first.  After the initial music startup, the play and skip bluetooth buttons work as intended until I reboot the phone again.

As I was writing the above paragraph, I remembered I rooted my previous devices and disabled/froze the stock music player, so there was only one music player to interact with.  So, is there a way to set a default music player for bluetooth applications?

51 minutes ago, DevilSlayerDante said:

New phone, new issue.  Got an unlocked LG G5 running Nougat, and if I have not opened Poweramp since the last boot, my car bluetooth adapter doesn't interact with Poweramp unless I start playing music in the app first.  After the initial music startup, the play and skip bluetooth buttons work as intended until I reboot the phone again.

As I was writing the above paragraph, I remembered I rooted my previous devices and disabled/froze the stock music player, so there was only one music player to interact with.  So, is there a way to set a default music player for bluetooth applications?

I always had this issue with bluetooth headphones. the remote controls won't do anything until I manually hit play. On the flip side my car's stereo always manages to find (and automatically play...stupid thing) the player when ever I toggle bluetooth sound. I normally play from a usb stick but if I need GPS directions I will toggle to bluetooth. 

On 2018/3/4 at 1:08 PM, kazumi_t said:

I am using alpha-703. Some of the media files are in mp4 format. Whenever i play an mp4, everything is fine at first, but in the middle of playing, the sound suddenly got distorted and slowed down. Is this a bug or have to do with the settings?

I tested it with Asus Zenfone 2 (ZE551ML) and Samsung Galaxy J7 Core (NXT), both running android nougat.

No reply?

Hi there,

first of all, I must say, that the beta of v3 is almost perfect. Almost... :)

___

The WAV file is not supported directly. If the WAV files are searched in the app, the files are not found, but when a WAV file is opened through a file manager, the file is played but fights. I haven't tried other video formats.

___

Another issue concerns speeding up and slowing down of audio. I have noticed, that there are 3 ways at audio pitch:

• The 1st: audio is not distorted even a little bit - example: Youtube.com → THE BEST
  • The 2nd: audio is distorted only a bit, but the pitch is still the same - example: KMPlayer, Poweramp → NOT BAD
  • The 3rd: audio is completely distorted, the pitch is not the same anymore - example: Media Player Classic → THE WORST

Could you ensure in the app to have the 1st way from theese noticed by me, please?

___

It's needed to correct the displaying of value of current speed, please, because the speed value 1.5x is not the same like the speed value 2x. It's played the same part of audio at both of the above mentioned speeds for the same time section.

Archived