Poweramp crashes with large music library.

Hi

Like in topic, I wanted to use Poweramp as samba music player using this guide.

However when Poweramp is scanning my library it crashes around track 120. I have 3500+ track in my library.

I tried latest stable and beta non-Google Play releases.

My rom: LineageOS 21-20240823-NIGHTLY-beyond1lte

Device: Galaxy S10

59 minutes ago, ChildOfTheMoon said:

damn how much space does your phone hold? i can only have about 400+ max if i all the songs are lossless.

Back on my iPod nano (which only had 16 gigs), only about 400-500 lossless alac files would fit.

Most phones have a lot more than 16 gigs, nowadays.

9 hours ago, ChildOfTheMoon said:

damn how much space does your phone hold? i can only have about 400+ max if i all the songs are lossless.

I am streaming music from my NAS, storage is not issue there.

18 hours ago, ChildOfTheMoon said:

My SD card is 256GB, base phone is another 256GB too (all music is on SD Card). Only a basic Samsung A-series. So yes, can store a LOT more than 400 tracks.

Andre

18 hours ago, ChildOfTheMoon said:

damn how much space does your phone hold?

I keep a 1TB card just for music. Currently I have about 27k files, mostly in lossless. Poweramp has no issues with a library of this size. Even on my older DAP that is stuck at Android 8.1. 

5 hours ago, andrewilley said:

My SD card is 256GB, base phone is another 256GB too (all music is on SD Card). Only a basic Samsung A-series. So yes, can store a LOT more than 400 tracks.

Andre

damn i have a Samsung A12 (without an SD card, im planning on getting one next weekend) and it holds a max 32 GB 😔

4 hours ago, MotleyG said:

I keep a 1TB card just for music. Currently I have about 27k files, mostly in lossless. Poweramp has no issues with a library of this size. Even on my older DAP that is stuck at Android 8.1. 

damn yall making out like bandits lol

Edited by ChildOfTheMoon

Back on topic... @the4anoni has issues with indexing his library stored on a NAS drive using a CIFS storage provider.
I just installed the CIFS provider listed above and added one artist with 197 .mp3 tracks to my library and that indexed just fine on  an old Samsung XCover 4s which isn't exactly known as a high performance device.

What device do you have? And what format are your tracks in? I would believe that the issue is more with the CIFS provider than PA as PA is proven to work with large libraries.

9 minutes ago, 6b6561 said:

Back on topic... @the4anoni has issues with indexing his library stored on a NAS drive using a CIFS storage provider.
I just installed the CIFS provider listed above and added one artist with 197 .mp3 tracks to my library and that indexed just fine on  an old Samsung XCover 4s which isn't exactly known as a high performance device.

What device do you have? And what format are your tracks in? I would believe that the issue is more with the CIFS provider than PA as PA is proven to work with large libraries.

I have Galaxy S10, my tracks are mostly in .flac format.

I just ran a test so perverted that I was certain that it would fail... I have 791 CD's as single file flacs with embedded cue sheets sitting on my NAS, with a total size of 270GB. My NAS is far from a high performance box, it's a plain Linux installation running on a low end Asus mini PC with a 1TB USB SSD drive on it.

Long story short... I added the flac share to the CIFS provider and added it to PA, indexing took maybe 15 minutes (didn't look at the clock) on my Redmi Note 11 Pro. So what this shows is that PA is able to pull in 791 large flacs using this CIFS provider.

Poweramp didn't read the embedded cue sheet for these files, but it read the rest of the tags.

16k+ songs on 1tb card. Half is FLAC and half of the FLAC is 24bit. Mixture of mp3, alac and m4a makes up the other half. Can't remember the last time I seen a crash, it's been so long.

The only issue I have is every time I do rescan (after adding new songs) I end up with about 50 unknown tracks (random songs that already existed in the library each time). Rescan again fixes. Been happening for last two phones, last 3 chips (256gb+500gb previously), every build for the last two years.

Sony 5 II and mark I before that.

EDIT: I haven't played with this in a while. But I had 33 unknown artists just now. Clicked the rescan button in the 3dot menu and it grew to 82 when it finished a few seconds later. Clicked it again and it grew to 131. Clicked it several more times and it stayed at 131. Went to Poweramp settings and clicked rescan in there and they disappeared. Odd. 

Edited by Ash Roarshock

On 9/1/2024 at 10:58 AM, maxmp said:

@the4anoni what's the crash? If you sent it via Poweramp settings, please PM me your email you sent it from, so I can find it. Thanks!

I sent DM to you few days ago, it's still unread. I am writing this post in case you didn't noticed it.