Request for Bit Perfect Mode Support on Poweramp with Android 14 Hi-Res Audio

Dear Poweramp Development Team,

I hope this message finds you well. First, I would like to express my appreciation for the continuous updates and improvements to Poweramp, which has consistently provided an exceptional audio experience on Android.

With the recent release of Android 14, I noticed that the platform now offers expanded support for Hi-Res audio, enhancing the quality of music playback across supported devices. Given Poweramp’s focus on delivering superior audio quality, I would like to kindly request the addition of a "Bit Perfect" mode within the app.

Bit Perfect mode would allow for direct playback of audio files without any resampling or processing, ensuring the highest possible fidelity by matching the source file's sample rate and bit depth with the output. This feature, combined with Android 14’s Hi-Res audio capabilities, would undoubtedly make Poweramp the go-to choice for audiophiles looking to maximize their listening experience.

I believe that implementing this feature would further solidify Poweramp’s position as the leading music player for high-quality audio on Android. I, along with many other users, would be thrilled to see this addition in a future update.

Thank you for considering this request. I look forward to any updates you may have on this feature.

@andrewilley Thank you for your response and the helpful suggestion. I do have one more question—could you please let me know when the Bit Perfect mode will be available? I’m a huge fan of Poweramp and use it frequently, but without Bit Perfect, I'm unable to fully utilize my USB DAC and enjoy my music to its fullest potential. I would greatly appreciate it if this feature could be added soon.Thank you for considering my request!

11 minutes ago, CRaYZeR said:

@andrewilley could you please let me know when the Bit Perfect mode will be available? 

The developer is @maxmp and there has been no date committed for this feature. Priority is likely to follow the feature voting but even that is not guaranteed.