Add the "Share" Button/Option to Track Menu Popup(Long Press Album Art Menu)

The "Share" button exists in the Lists menu popup, but would it be possible to also add it to the individual Track Menu (Popup menu when long pressing album art - screenshot below). Just and extra step every time to have to click back to the list view then long press to access the "Share" option. thanks

Screenshot_20220702-105113_Poweramp.jpg

• 3 months later...
38 minutes ago, andrewilley said:

How often do you want to share a music file, and where to (legally anyway)? Other than for testing purposes,

Andre

For me, the ability for Poweramp to share files, should have a disable button in the settings so I can turn it off. 

Bencherished 

11 minutes ago, yeshivish said:

It's important to me because when I hear a good song and want to share to my friends

Ah, I see.

Just for the purposes of legal clarity, I'm sure that all these good song files that you wish to copy to your friends are created or owned by you, and you have the relevant distribution copyright clearances. Otherwise it's not something we can really discuss or condone here... ;)  

Andre

@andrewilley Let's be honest, we all do have some "Jack Sparrow Editions" 😜 I think there's simply no people out there who doesn't have at least a couple of sparrow edition songs. I'm not promoting illegal music in any way as it's a bad thing (and I really mean it!), and I'm against illegally downloaded songs, but I have to say (even myself) I do have some. (As everyone else does.) And I'm sayin' this while I'm kind of a musician too.

@yeshivish While I think that it is not too commonly used feature in the community of the Poweramp users, I don't see any downside to it, and it shouldn't be too complicated to add it to the menu, so 💁‍♂️ 

While I think we can all agree that many music listeners will have some (if not quite a few) "Jack Sparrow Editions" in their collections, discussing a feature designed to make it easier to (hypothetically) redistribute these beyond the confines  The Back Pearl is not something that should be discussed in a forum such as this one.

However there is a nice big space to the right of the 'Delete' button on the player screen context menu, which could easily contain a duplicate of the pre-existing 'Share' button, so maybe Max might like to consider implementing that at some point in the future? 

Andre

@andrewilley Unfortunatelly, sometimes there's no other way around... I can give you a very unfortunate example that happened to me a while ago. (And it hit me so hard) In September, 2020, I have purchased a very rare pice of collectable from discogs from a seller. I paid €100 for it, the seller shipped it the very same day, only to get lost somewhere on the way. I was very disappointed and sad, because I paid big bucks for it, my money was gone and got nothing. Even the seller was angry but it's not his fault and I get that. So, then he had a friend... I think you see where it goes. He contacted him, but he knew what he had, don't wanted to sell it. But he was willing to give me a copy for "free" (after I paid €100 for it, anyway, let's put it aside...) none of us was happy, especially me, because I desired to have the actual rare piece of album, but still, even a digital copy is better than nothing. While I got an "illegal" copy, I paid big bucks for it. So technically, we can say I got my hands on it "legally"

Edited by andrewilley
Removed purchase history screenshots, not relevant to this Feature Request

I think that bottom line there are easy enough ways to share music files, regardless of any legal considerations. But having a specific button on Poweramp to do so is likely stepping too far over the line of the obvious for that purpose and would be a reason I can see it not getting implemented.

thanks. I use it for a lot of things, usually copying specific songs to different folders on my phone (the file explorer popup in the share menu), or sharing to my dropbox for songs i like or want to send to my home computer. i use it every day all the time, but i bet i'm a rare example.