Track resets to start of track after phone restarts

chrism16

When Poweramp is first started after a full reboot of the phone, it will commence in 'Stopped' state (i.e. counter set to zero on the current track) not paused from a previous session.

As @GeilerHeinz says, you can forcibly override this using 'Store/Restore Per Track Progress' with the duration control set to zero, but that will mean every track you resume at a later stage will be restored to its last-played position.

Andre

@andrewilley some people see everything as a problem, if not, why will this function bother me? The restart of track also happens at the end of timer, it's a good thing to start music from the beginning, he said when the  phone restart, so Poweramp also will restart, please if restarting the track is an issue, use the seekbar before pressing play. I'm not trying to be rude, just trying to avoid a change to a function I like.

1 hour ago, Bencherished said:

The restart of track also happens at the end of timer

No, at the end of a Sleep Timer, PA should go into Pause mode (playback position is remembered so it can be continued later) rather than a full Stop.

Unless you enable "play last song to end" of course, in which case it continues to the end of the current song and then pauses. That causes the cursor to return to zero, in the same way that Play Single Song works when the end of the song is reached.

Andre

6 hours ago, Bencherished said:

...which number is more effective in parametric EQ?

@Bencherished are you asking how many parametric bands are most effective? Which frequencies or Q have the most impact? Or is there something else entirely that you are asking about?

It really does depend on what you need for your headphone or speaker system more than anything. The reason these are customizable is, everyone has their own preference.

@MotleyG at first when it was ported from the EQ app to the music player, I had it set to 32, I think that was the maximum number then, I don't know about now, then later, I reduced it to six, each having different frequency, right now I have two. 

So my question is, how many do I need, for a basic sound effect? I understand the function of each individually, but do I need to line up all six or even more? 

What is the Q for? 

9 minutes ago, Bencherished said:

@MotleyG at first when it was ported from the EQ app to the music player, I had it set to 32, I think that was the maximum number then, I don't know about now, then later, I reduced it to six, each having different frequency, right now I have two. 

So my question is, how many do I need, for a basic sound effect? I understand the function of each individually, but do I need to line up all six or even more? 

What is the Q for? 

There are many places on the web that can explain how a parametric EQ works. The link below is pretty straight-forward. Essentially there are three adjustments you can make. 1- the center frequency that you are adjusting, 2- the level of boost or cut to that frequency, and 3-the "Q" that adjusts how wide or narrow the adjustment range will be. This allows you to have fairly precise control to hit just the areas you need to address, so often can be done with far fewer bands.

This is different from a graphic EQ, where the center frequencies and Q are all fixed, so you can only adjust the boost/cut for each one of those. Often you will need many more bands in a graphic EQ so that you can select the ones you need to adjust. But not all of them are necessary.

https://www.mixinglessons.com/parametric-eq/

Parametric EQ Gain Boost

Edited by MotleyG

Poweramp should always keep state of the last track (if normally paused). If Poweramp is force-killed, it won't keep the position. Normal reboots give a chance for app to save data, though this may vary across firmwares, some may force-kill apps.