Azkaellon

Hi Guys,

since my Galaxy s10+ updated to the newest version Poweramp is draining an insane amount of battery (20% in 30 Minutes).

My build is 895905 and the galaxy maintenance Tools claim that the unlocker is draining.

How can i fix this?

That doesn't make sense, even if it was stuck in a scanning loop it shouldn't use that much battery. Try turning scan features off anyway (in PA Settings > Library > Scanner). I assume you've tried to Close All apps to see if it stops? And/or reboot device?

If you decide to do a clean uninstall/reinstall (or Clear App Data), please remember to Export Settings and Export Playlists (if you have any you created within Poweramp) first.

Andre

@Azkaellon unlocker has no code/logic at all, this is Android services unable to distinguish between two apps (Poweramp + Unlocker). In any case you can uninstall Unlocker in 2 days after the purchase. Also, Poweramp shouldn't use a lot of battery, unless you're actively using Poweramp + visualizations.

Initial scanning may take few minutes, but subsequent scans will be faster. Also scanning won't happen in the background. (Recent Androids close app in 1 minute in the background state).

And does this drain stop if you force close all apps (including PA) and don't restart it again, or does the drain continue in the background even if you don't launch the PA app interface? Hopefully Max can take a look at the log and see what's going on.

Andre

@Azkaellon thanks for the log. I've noticed you're using Legacy file access mode, on Samsung's Android 11 this may break at any time (though legacy access stability somewhat improved in the latest firmwares). Also log contains start of the scan but it doesn't contain end of the scan. The initial scan may take time, but if it more than 5-10 minutes for any size of the sd card, you have sd card issue.

If disabling File Access Legacy Mode doesn't help (as Max says, it's not a good idea on Android 11) try moving some of your songs onto internal memory and select that new folder in the Music Folders list (and untick the SD Card). If that helps, backup your SD Card files to a computer and cleanly reformat the card, then copy the files back and re-insert it into your phone. 

Andre