S20 loses SD card access on each reboot (build 893)

MaxOfS2D

1 hour ago, Si6776 said:

I hope that the issue is still being looked into and that Auto Scan can be re-enabled in due course.  🙂

Max has said that the most recent firmware update from Samsung fixes this Android 11 problem, so hopefully as that starts to roll out to more devices the issue should start to go away.

Andre

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, andrewilley said:

Max has said that the most recent firmware update from Samsung fixes this Android 11 problem, so hopefully as that starts to roll out to more devices the issue should start to go away.

Andre

OK, thanks Andre.  One day, perhaps Google / Samsung will present an update which doesn't break anything!

38 minutes ago, Si6776 said:

I don't think I've had that update yet.  Still on build 893, according to Settings > About.

You would either need to be subscribed to the Play Store beta programme, or download the APK file yourself from the Downloads tab above:

Andre

20 hours ago, maxmp said:

@andrewilley there are no any changes to this, and the permission can’t be fixed by app. Access via SAF works well on Samsungs (disable Legacy File Access, reselect Music Folders).

If this is a permission issue that can't be fixed by the app, then can I ask why it doesn't affect numerous other music player apps?  Does PA require different permissions to other music players?  

@Si6776 Poweramp has two modes - legacy and SAF. I don't know of any other app supporting both. Poweramp allows switching between those modes. 

The bug related to the permission affects all apps using the legacy mode. The issue with delayed mounting affects all apps.

Btw, all issues and solutions to them are described here:

I you think you got another type of issue, please let me know.

On 3/18/2021 at 11:03 PM, maxmp said:

@andrewilley there are no any changes to this, and the permission can’t be fixed by app. Access via SAF works well on Samsungs (disable Legacy File Access, reselect Music Folders).

So I just got an update for my note 20 ultra here in the states, carrier locked and now magically Poweramp doesn't completely bonk out on me now. No sd card issues, no library mishaps. Nothing

• 5 months later...

I have build  911 and the issue persists. I had to install musicolet to be able to access my music on short notice without waiting for everything to be rescanned, although it's not nearly as good. how does musicolet instantly find my music, but for Poweramp it's a ten minute ordeal to figure out if and what music I have on my mounted SD card.

@klausmaus Poweramp needs to scan (including open/read) every file in your collection to get all of the metadata into its library, so it's very storage-intensive while it's doing that.

Just turn the auto-scan feature off once a FULL Rescan has completed, then it shouldn't need to access the whole file system on each restart, just the current view (to fetch embedded album art).

Andre