Skip track with Volume buttons

LuCas 12

Hello hello guys please help me I need to activate volume buttons skip tracks opinion. But I get the error when I'm use the ADB command please help me.

Please check that attachment screenshot with the error message.

I'm using the latest Realme 7 pro smartphone.

IMG_20201024_095457-01-01-03.jpeg

• 5 months later...

Hi there,

didnt want to create a new thread, because I have the same problem.

I moved from a OnePlus 6 (Android 10) to OnePlus 9 Pro (Android 11) and cant use the Volume Buttons to skip Tracks anymore.

I used the command

adb shell pm grant com.maxmpz.audioplayer android.permission.SET_VOLUME_KEY_LONG_PRESS_LISTENER

to get the rights to enable the option in Poweramp for switching titles by pressing the volume keys.

Does it not work with Android 11 anymore?

Just to check, but you aren't trying to long-press on the volume buttons while PA in on the screen are you? The feature only works while you are in another app or homepage, or while the screen is off. Max should be able to tell us whether Android 11 has broken this feature, but I wasn't aware that it had.

@maxmp The 'Last Processed Commands' screen doesn't give much detail, but does Android provide BUTTON_DOWN and BUTTON_UP events when using this feature, so an app can know how long the volume key has been held down for? I'm thinking of whether it would be possible to (optionally) support FastForward and Rewind actions via holding down the headset volume key, which I for one would find a lot more useful than track changing which is already available by double-clicking on the Hook/OK button.

Andre

1 hour ago, andrewilley said:

Just to check, but you aren't trying to long-press on the volume buttons while PA in on the screen are you? The feature only works while you are in another app or homepage, or while the screen is off. Max should be able to tell us whether Android 11 has broken this feature, but I wasn't aware that it had.

I always tried it, with screen off 🙂

Archived