Melodi - Poweramp Skin

Not sure how much of this behavior is under LivDark's control, but here you can see the default Library Icons (gradient multicolor) have been set :

Screenshot_2021-06-09-17-55-31.thumb.png.8b4f00de2cfc3ee320414b249f86fbd2.png

All appears as it should on the top level library view:

Screenshot_2021-06-09-17-54-34.thumb.png.dfc8540734c133867b448e3bf413eaa9.png

And again all appears normal drilling down into the Album Artist category:

Screenshot_2021-06-09-17-55-21.thumb.png.105f8d01dc1c9b2c55c3613529bb53e5.png

However, once 'Hide Icons' has been chosen under Library Icons in LivDark's settings:

Screenshot_2021-06-09-17-58-57.thumb.png.e60819ae74e575f34b47e683e2de8d8e.png

Everything looks fine (better than fine, it looks great!) on top level library view:

Screenshot_2021-06-09-17-59-06.thumb.png.0fdc5c80740b3d56433053dbed855fa3.png

Bad news, however once I drill down into the Album Artist category:

Screenshot_2021-06-09-17-59-31.thumb.png.f9e49100c4741cf41340ddda8130525d.png

The Library Icons shown in this category aren't removed or hidden at all.

It changes appropriately according to other options for Library Icons, but once hidden en masse the default icons pops back in, creating a messy look compared to the chosen accent color..

Is there any way for this library icon to be truly hidden from this view? Or at least mandate the White-outline icons or something more monochrome / less distracting be made to display when Hide Icons has been selected?

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 5/8/2021 at 3:30 AM, giannisgx89 said:

Skin update will be live in few minutes!
Don't forget to leave a rating, it helps the development a lot! :)

Liv Dark - Poweramp v3 Skin v1.5.2 | Get it here: https://bit.ly/2CuE25o
• Improved labels and values backgrounds
• Improved landscape
• Improved aa scale
• Misc ui fixes and improvements

liv_skin_sale.thumb.jpg.8f6a52023386625953f9c96b33df16b5.jpg

How do you do those kind of border colors?  I looked in the settings and can't find how to do it in these screenshots.

• 3 weeks later...

Liv Dark - Poweramp v3 Skin v1.5.5 | Get it here: https://bit.ly/2CuE25o
• New amy crisp, night fade, tempting azure accents
• New play/pause icon color option
• Improved previous accents
• Improved player controls backgrounds

Untitled-1.thumb.jpg.b231ab176f6a8b65d02a151d6654159c.jpg

8 hours ago, John Titor said:

Just a suggestion, would be nice to have sound kind of color in the song name or around its border. Because of this B&W album art blur in the background, the song name looks like it is invisible. 

Since you are using Liv Dark, you may need to consider reducing the brightness of your background. The dark mode requires the skin to use a lighter font.

Settings>Background>Intensity try something around 18%-30%

3 hours ago, MotleyG said:

Settings>Background>Intensity try something around 18%-30%

Thanks that fixed my problem. Upto 80% it's all good and readable. I was looking for a different kind of solution to be honest; like the one I mentioned above, or maybe the song name label could dynamically switch to an appropriate color based on the album art/background?

6 hours ago, John Titor said:

Thanks that fixed my problem. Upto 80% it's all good and readable. I was looking for a different kind of solution to be honest; like the one I mentioned above, or maybe the song name label could dynamically switch to an appropriate color based on the album art/background?

I like the idea of dynamic colours options, but that isn’t something available yet through the main app. I think this is required before the skins can implement it.

2 hours ago, John Titor said:

As we have discussed there, I would like Liv dark to show default Poweramp logo in the bottom overflow menu instead of Liv dark's logo. An option to choose between Poweramp logo and Liv dark would be great. 👍🏻

Since we are allowed to theme the Poweramp logo i decided to theme it. I also didnt get any requests from users to change it back to default logo or an option to hide it. I might consider adding an option if more users will request it in the future.
Thanks for the suggestion. :)

1 hour ago, flyingdutchman said:

@giannisgx89 i agree, as it is available for "skinning" we can change it. 

I suspect was intended to be skinnable so you can change the colour, size or style, but not the meaning. In much the same way as you might change the Play button's style or colour to fit your theme, but it would still need to be broadly a Play button rather than a pineapple. :)

Andre

4 hours ago, giannisgx89 said:

Since we are allowed to theme the Poweramp logo i decided to theme it.

Well, the thing is, it was supposed to be that you can modify the logo style, color, size but. At first glance, it makes it look like I am using a music player named Liv dark, rather than Poweramp.

6 hours ago, andrewilley said:

I think Poweramp logo should be shown in the Poweramp menu, and any skin logo in the skin menu. Not really any need for options IMHO

I suspect some people would like the skin's logo there, so it would be better to not disappoint them. Besides Poweramp is highly customisable, I expect its skin to be so as well!

@John Titor by the same token some skins replace the Poweramp flash for missing albumart. This would also rate as undesirable

Although the whole subject under discussion is fairly trivial, thinking about it some more, I believe the fact it is skinnable is probably intentional. 

A user is well aware that he/she is using Poweramp but not necessarily which skin is active.

As many users have multiple skins installed, the display of the skin name is therefore, in my opinion, a good idea. 

Changing the default placeholder artwork seems like a good feature to me, but then it's not actually wording. I don't think it's a skin's job to adjust the wording of text, only the style/layout of that text.

Just IMHO though, it's really not a big deal that needs special options or anything.

Andre

• 2 weeks later...

Liv Dark - Poweramp v3 Skin v1.5.6 | Get it here: https://bit.ly/2CuE25o
• New option to hide hamburger menu logo
• Fixed fc when entering queue category
• Improved translations
• Improved eq save button

scene.thumb.jpg.435dd8e95c21bb6ea780cae43f3b472d.jpg

4 hours ago, zeeya said:

After updating to this version I lost all my skin settings and I had to redo them again. 

Anyways, nice skin I am enjoying it. Thanks. 

That's perfectly normal when there is a new feature like hiding the bottom menu logo, etc.

Glad you like it. :)