Poweramp builds 875-882

maxmp

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, prosopectasia said:

What does the new "Play as Next" feature do? I turned it on and tried to test it out but couldn't notice what it does.

It changes the functionality of the Enqueue feature. Any items added to the Queue will be inserted at the START of the queue if 'Play as Next' is enabled, instead of the normal behaviour of being added after anything that's already queued.

Andre

23 hours ago, maxmp said:

@andrewilley right, but if there are (more) requests to make it independent, it's pretty much possible - though it requires 4x icons in the menu - menu items will be smaller a bit.

I like it, because I have no problem with the smaller menu items, the priority is more features.

23 hours ago, maxmp said:

@andrewilley right, but if there are (more) requests to make it independent, it's pretty much possible - though it requires 4x icons in the menu - menu items will be smaller a bit.

Sorry, you lost me, what menu icons are we talking about here?

Do you mean adding more Search icons to the header? If so that wasn't what was requested above, it was simply to make the pattern matching logic work the same way when searching in a Playlist as it does in other categories (so results get returned for matches in Titles, Artists, Albums, Filenames, etc, rather than just Titles).

Andre

1 hour ago, maxmp said:

@andrewilley the selection menu (the bottom menu with actions for the selected items).

Ah, gotcha, you meant about the other request - for a "Queue Next" icon alongside the traditional "Add to Queue" (at end) icon, rather than having a single icon that can be set to work with one mode or the other. [These build release threads can get a bit confusing when feature requests or older bug reports get included in the flow - I may split a few bits out into their original threads to make them a bit easier to follow]

Actually having looked at that bottom menu, it does seem to have enough space to be four wide on my phone, but not sure if that would be the case for smaller screens.

Andre 

I just had a thought on that updated enqueue feature, and I think it's possible it may get a bit muddled up with the existing Start Queue option.

I would suggest that to simplify things, there should be one combined option in Settings > Library > Queue to set the default behaviour that will occur when the user taps on the ">> Queue" icon. But also add a new long-press feature to the ">> Queue" icon in the bottom menu, to allow the user to choose a different method on-the-fly.

Start Immediately                        (insert selected item/s at front of any existing Queue, and start playing now - using this should start playback even if PA is not already playing)
Start After Current Song            (insert selected item/s at front of any existing Queue, playback to start after current song finishes)
Start After Current Category     (insert selected item/s at front of any existing Queue, playback to start after current category finishes)
Add to End of Existing Queue   (this could be hidden from the long-press menu if there are no queued items waiting?)

The option in Settings > Library > Queue to define the default short-tap behaviour should include all of the above, but also perhaps include an option to Remember Last Choice ?

Andre

@maxmp this music app is by far the best there is,  the best there was & the best its always going to be,  for its shear quality and crisp clear sound and the bass is quite sharp too, iv been a massive fan of this app since 2015, & I'll always remain a huge fan while ever its as good as this,  a huge massive thanks to one n all for creating such an amazing audio application thank you!!! 

Don't know which topic should I pick so I'll post it here. Been using Poweramp for years, downloaded v3 just recently. What can I say? It has become even better and then some.

Many years ago I asked for tempo change function (because on some days the music just sounds slower than usual and it can be really annoying). We've got it, now even with a wider scale of 0.01 steps. However tempo change makes music sort of stumble from time to time so I wish it was SPEED change but still this is most welcome.

Then you've introduced 100 degree sound control scale and I don't have to adjust volume with preamp manually for every other album anymore.

Digits under EQ bars. Really necessary for advanced tweaking of your presets when you use some as a reference. Now you don't have to pull the sliders and compare screenshots.

Various interface improvements. Most of them are really good and useful. 

General sound processing picture screen. Now everything is in one place and can be tuned accordingly.

Overall, my  deepest thanks for your work, bought the app once more on another phone to support it. 

Back in the early-mid 2000's I had a creative Zen 40gb and then a Sony vaio 40gb mp3 player. I remember having a enqueue button the same as Poweramp has, but when you clicked on it then a drop down menu appeared that gave you different options "add to top of queue", "add to bottom of queue" 

Not sure if that is possible,  but thought I would share because maybe that would prevent everything from getting smaller, and still get more features.

4 hours ago, Absinthequ said:

I remember having a enqueue button the same as Poweramp has, but when you clicked on it then a drop down menu appeared that gave you different options "add to top of queue", "add to bottom of queue" 

See a couple of posts above yours, where I suggested exactly that feature (in addition to the recent global setting for queue insertions).

Andre

It wasn't really a (hold and it would go to another menu), it was more of a (when you clicked it you had to choose an option from the popup before it would do anything). If you have to hold the button down to get more options, I'm not sure most people will ever know that feature exists (outside of this forum).

kind of like...

Screenshot_20200825-173221.thumb.jpg.d298244e65bfe0744cfed1d4886153a8.jpg

If you have "Start Playing Queue: After the current song" enabled in the settings menu, it kind of makes "Start Immediately" irrelevant. You can simply click on a song and it will play immediately and it will always start the queue back up right after that current song is done. You need a "Add to Top Queue" and a "Add to Bottom Queue"

It really depends on how "Add To Top of Queue" works. If you added to the top of the queue and it stacked the song on top of all the songs already played... wouldn't it just play that song next? If it didn't, and it played that last... then it's just like adding to the bottom of the queue because it's going to continue the current queue and jump back to the top last. If you added to top and it jumped back to the top of the list and played the song next after the current playing song, then it's just the same as "add after current playing song" So I don't see how there's not just two options there.

This would all be a different scenario if we were talking about being able to save the queue as playlists (BTW Feature request). But queue is a one time play top to bottom.

42 minutes ago, Absinthequ said:

This would all be a different scenario if we were talking about being able to save the queue as playlists (BTW Feature request). 

View the Queue in the library, long-press and choose Select All, then add to Playlist. Voila.

Andre

Archived