On 6/25/2020 at 3:12 PM, maxmp said:

Build 876:

• more fixes for Android 11 beta
  • +/- buttons for Tempo
  • min. Crossfade value reduced to 100ms
  • fix for Samsung Sound Assistant "Change step volume" option
  • playlist export dialog now can export file based playlists as well
  • Sleep Timer shows time to sleep now

This 100ms crossfade function was very good, you could think of the 200ms and 300ms option would be interesting.

Hi, I believe this to be an Android 11 beta issue, but if someone could please confirm that would be great.

After upgrading to the 11 beta, my Poweramp can no longer find my local music library.  

That's a android beta issue, right?  I think something similar happened to me before on an older beta.

Pixel 4XL, Android 11 Beta 2

4 hours ago, bloodw3rx said:

Hi, I believe this to be an Android 11 beta issue,

I suspect you are right, presumably related to the latest Storage Access Framework requirements. You could try adjusting Settings > Misc > File Access Legacy Mode, but I thunk that might not work in Android 11. Max should be able to comment further on this though.

Andre

So actually I looked at the app permissions and I noticed there were no permissions allowed.

I changed this to allow permissions for Files and media.  I did a full rescan, which seemed like it found my songs. 

I checked my playlists, but they were not there. However I viewed my "All songs" and I saw all my songs, plus audio from videos and stuff like that.

So that's progress, but seems like I will still need to wait for the full Android 11.

3 hours ago, bloodw3rx said:

I checked my playlists, but they were not there.

Where are your Playlist files located (I assume these are file-based rather than internal)? Do you see the Playlist names but no contents, or just not see even the names?

If you see the names, has the path to the songs changed during the upgrade? There is a Rescan/Resolve Playlists option, but it would be a good idea to have backups of your files before using it just in case it makes matters worse if the files can't be found at all.

Andre

The Playlists section is completely blank (says Doesnt look like anything to me).

Yeah I think its file based. I used an app called TuneSync to sync over my songs and keep it in the same playlist format at my iTunes playlists.

2 hours ago, bloodw3rx said:

I used an app called TuneSync to sync over my songs and keep it in the same playlist format at my iTunes playlists.

Sync programs can be a nightmare (especially ones that have anything to do with Apple) as it can be hard to control what they do and how they process files.

Can you find where the playlist files are now located on your Android device, and ensure that is a scannable location for Poweramp (in Settings > Library > Music Folders). Also open of them in a text editor and check that the paths and filenames in contains match your actual paths and music files.

Andre

I cannot find where the playlist file is. 

I know my music is somewhere within the Android > data folder because if I select this folder, my music will show up. However, using any file reader program, when looking inside this folder it is blank.

I believe it is Android 11 beta. For example, when in Google Messages, previously I could hit the + button to add an image. Typically it would show my recent photos I've taken, but now there are none, as if my phone cannot read the storage to find these recent images.

I can understand how sync programs can be a nightmare, but this program I've used has worked flawlessly for a very long time. I guess I shall see after Android 11 gets fully released. If it still does not work, then I will need to switch my music transfer methods. 

3 hours ago, bloodw3rx said:

I cannot find where the playlist file is. I know my music is somewhere within the Android > data folder

I guess your sync program is saving all your music files in its own little private storage area, as that folder is designed for each app to have its own safe haven in which to keep its local files. Poweramp's data folder for example is Android/data/_com.maxmpz.audioplayer. You should be able to view the contents in a decent file explorer app though, but I know that Android 11 is further tightening Google's grip on user access via the Storage Access Framework, so maybe Max would be able to let us know how thay affects access to those folders. Can you see the contents if you plug in a USB cable and open the directory via a PC?

Certainly a better option would be if you could set the sync program to copy your music (and playlists) to the rather more obvious shared 'Music' folder, ideally on your SD Card if you have one.

Andre

6 hours ago, Ebskie said:

nice song collection bro..care to upload some flacs for sample=)

I'm sure that particular comment was humorous, but just a gentle general reminder that we don't encourage conversations discussing piracy in public forums.

Andre

Build 877:

• new Import Ratings option
  • new Network Stream Buffer option
  • new Bookmarks category
  • new zoom level: "List - no images"
  • corner radius for small widgets
  • Repeat/Shuffle icons for 4x1 widget
  • Queue re-sorting
  • Hide Status Bar option now ignores cutouts in portrait
  • new Load custom .so library option (uni build only)
  • bug fixes and stability improvements

10 hours ago, monkeybutt said:

ayyy, finally no image list option. Thanks, Max!! been looking forward to this

I think quite a few people have been looking forward to this one, me too. Thanks Max!

The one comment I would make is that the main reason people seem to request this feature is so they can squeeze in more items per screen - but this initial implementation doesn't seem to reduce the line spacing very much, if at all, so you can only the roughly the same amount of songs that you would see Compact List View. Could the leading gaps, and/or the line spacing, be reduced to tighten up the list a bit more?

A couple of recent threads (here and here) were even asking for a Title-only one line version (which makes sense where the Artist and Album Title are already listed in the header anyway) so perhaps that could be added as another, even smaller, zoom level? (It would need to be another zoom level, rather than an overall app setting, as you might want to use it in some views but not others) 

Andre

Archived