Poweramp builds 875-882

maxmp

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, maxmp said:

I added 1-line zoom level for Album tracks + reduced no-image line sizes further. Looks this way now:

Thanks, that's great. It does still looks a bit double-spaced though, especially for the folks who wanted to see as much in one go as possible. I know it still needs to be finger-clickable, but some file managers, text/code editors, etc seem to manage... maybe something a bit closer to this?

image.png

As it would be the lowest size possible, if anyone finds they can't reliably select from it then they can just go back up a zoom level.

Andre

@maxmp As this is kind of an 'extreme' setting that is not going to be forced on anyone, I would have thought you could go down fairly close to the line spacing that things like text editors or webpage displays offer - and you can still select text links from those, e.g. random example from my current browser window:

image.png

Maybe release a test build and invite some of the posters in those other threads to have a try before settling on a final layout? Perhaps something allowing 20+ song titles on a decent sized screen?

Andre

4 hours ago, maxmp said:

@Andre I added 1-line zoom level for Album tracks + reduced no-image line sizes further. Looks this way now:

device-2020-07-13-170234.png

I can't seem to remember - which option allows the titles to show like this without displaying the artist/album info underneath?

Edit: Oh I see it's an upcoming list option - cool.

4 hours ago, maxmp said:

@Andre I added 1-line zoom level for Album tracks + reduced no-image line sizes further. Looks this way now:

For multi-disc tracks, will disc number show in front of track number for this 1-line display? I don't see it in 877 so assume this is still being developed?

G

22 minutes ago, MotleyG said:

For multi-disc tracks, will disc number show in front of track number for this 1-line display? I don't see it in 877 so assume this is still being developed?

Settings > Library > Lists > Show Track Number (set to "Separate number", or "In the Title").

Andre

3 hours ago, andrewilley said:

Settings > Library > Lists > Show Track Number (set to "Separate number", or "In the Title").

Andre

Yes, I have that set. I was more curious for the image Max showed a couple of posts ago with the 1-line display. Without the metadata second line it will really clean thing up under Artist>Album or AlbumArtist>Album lists since those are duplicated details once you have drilled down that far.

This is what mine looks like now, even with the simple "no art" list.

Screenshot_20200713-180425.png

17 hours ago, maxmp said:

This looks nice Max, thnx!

It's probably not as easy as filing the request ;-), but is there a way a feature can be added for those who use Folder Hierarcy mode that allows the user to determen wither or not a image is dexplayed per layer?

For example I would love to set up Poweramp like this:

Artists folder with artist image
-> Albums sorted by Year with cover;
--> Separated disc folder if an album contains multiple discs with cover;
---> Songslist without cover.

Now in Folder Hierarchy mode it's only possible to set one way to display all layers within the folder structure, while it would be nice if I could only set the deepest layer within the folder structure to not show images. 

Thnx for everything!

18 hours ago, maxmp said:

@maxmp this look is so nice and clean! A big thank you! This is perfect for track views where all tracks are from the same album.

Could we have something similar for album view, as it's a bit silly to repeat the artist name on every second line but keep the image as it makes sense in an album list where the covers are different. I guess what I'm trying to say is that "List - compact" in album list should be without the artist name as it's a mere repeat.

38 minutes ago, Mr. Make Believe said:

Now in Folder Hierarchy mode it's only possible to set one way to display all layers within the folder structure, while it would be nice if I could only set the deepest layer within the folder structure to not show images. 

In Folders view, you can already set different List Options views for the top Folders level and the lower (songs only) level. 

However in Folders Hierarchy mode there is no concept of a lowest 'songs-only' level. Every nested drill-down layer can contain a mixture of music files and also more folders. That's why all layers (even those which, as it happens, only contain music files) are treated the same as far as sorting and view type go.

Andre

6 minutes ago, 6b6561 said:

Could we have something similar for album view,

I assume upcoming one-line view will also be available for all Categories and at all song levels, just like the new two-line/no-image version already is.

Andre

2 hours ago, andrewilley said:

In Folders view, you can already set different List Options views for the top Folders level and the lower (songs only) level. 

However in Folders Hierarchy mode there is no concept of a lowest 'songs-only' level. Every nested drill-down layer can contain a mixture of music files and also more folders. That's why all layers (even those which, as it happens, only contain music files) are treated the same as far as sorting and view type go.

Andre

Thnx Andre for the reply. I figured that would cause a problem. Unfortunately Folder Hierarchy is the only way that pleases my OCD side 😉 

I guess most people that use Folder Hierarchy will have their folder structure in a certain way. So maybe if a setting is added which gives the user a possibility to determen from which layer within the folder structure the image isn't displayed than most folders will look the way the user wants. 

So in my case as a example: I set the list mode to show the picture for the Root and the first layer of folders and the second layer and beyond will only show a list. Most folders will look perfect. 

Maybe it's too much to ask. Just sharing a idea though. I'm very happy with Poweramp as it is. I use it daily on the road and to stream to the Chomecasts arround the house. It's awesome!

Thnx! 

1 hour ago, Mr. Make Believe said:

So maybe if a setting is added which gives the user a possibility to determen from which layer within the folder structure the image isn't displayed than most folders will look the way the user wants. 

Hard to pinpoint what are specific 'levels' though. For example, in my own folder structure, in the master 'Music Folders' level I have about ten broad thematic folders, inside each of which are a mixed amount of maybe one to four layers of subfolders, and then the tracks. Some folders are simple and actually contain tracks directly. Others contain Artist subfolders, then Album subfolders (and sometimes further numbered CD subfolders if it's a multi-disc album), then the tracks. The Film, TV,  Radio, etc folders might directly contain music, or season numbers subfolders then the tracks, or a film series subfolder (e.g. James Bond) then individual movie titles subfolders, then the tracks (sometimes even with further subfolders for multi-disc collector's editions). And some subfolders contain both tracks, and some further subfolders for specific groupings of tracks. I can't think of a one-size-fits-all usage solution. 

The only thing that might work (which would still be rather clumsy and confusing to use) would be if you pick a different view within a subfolder that only contains files, it could be treated differently to the view for a folder that contains both subfolders and/or other files. But not sure how simple that would be to explain to users why it works differently between different subfolders.

Andre

Im having volume touch problems since last update. Its not touch smooth... not responsible on touch vol wheel 🤔

Im using it n my 3 devices. 2 V30 android 9 and V50 android 10.

Yeah, tried fumbling around with previous builds, no luck

My phone is Vivo Nex 3S 5G, running Android 10 stock. It has a hi-fi DAC which is not compatible with the high-res output.

For builds prior to 860, selecting high-res output will activate the DAC but unable to play anything. The current build 877 does not activate the hi-fi DAC at all if hi-res output is selected. However, both OpenSL and AudioTrack outputs can activate the DAC and play without issue. Unfortunately both outputs locks the sample rate at 48 kHz which is less than ideal.

IMG_20200714_213920.jpg

IMG_20200714_213934.jpg

IMG_20200714_214457.jpg

17 hours ago, andrewilley said:

The only thing that might work (which would still be rather clumsy and confusing to use) would be if you pick a different view within a subfolder that only contains files, it could be treated differently to the view for a folder that contains both subfolders and/or other files. But not sure how simple that would be to explain to users why it works differently between different subfolders.

Andre

This is actually quite a brillant idea Andre. I mean, imo it's logical to display artist images and album covers. As soon as you arrive in a folder with songs, you would just like to see a list of songs instead of the album cover multiple times. In most situations as soon as a folder contains files a simple list without images would be sufficient.

If you add that setting somewhere in the library -> listoptions as an advanced setting and not in the list options pop up menu I think it would be perfectly usable and not clumsy or confusing at all. Just a simple switch with a describtion of what it does (don't show images in lists when using folder hierarchy mode and a folder contains music files) should be enough. Of course it should ignore images. If you want to use it, it's there. If it's not for you then don't use it. 

@maxmp Not sure if this is complex to program and if you see any benefit in this but if you would like to add it to your to do list that would be awesome. In that way the use of folder hirearchy mode will act more in the same way as when browsing the library in other modes within Poweramp and more like when browsing through WIndows Explorer, Spotify, etc.. If you don't see this working, fair enough. 

Thnx for everything. 

Very minor issue which seems to have appeared sometime over the past couple of builds. When using the Shuffle icon on the player screen, selecting 'Shuffle All' also alters the Repeat mode from my normal 'Advance List' to 'Repeat Category'. Not a big issue as my entire audio collection would last for more than 25 days before repeating anyway, but just thought I'd mention it as it seems inconsistent behaviour.

Andre 

@wormant1 please check this thread (some extra information is required to add hi-res support). I have few Oppo/Vivo/Realme devices, unfortunately no Nex to test on.

@andrewilley I've added smaller 1 line layout + additional List Options "Show Title Only" for all relevant categories. That modifies all zoom levels in a list so only title + meta info is shown. The setting is per category type (meaning it will apply for both folders and files in Folders Hierarchy category).

device-2020-07-15-144009.png

30 minutes ago, maxmp said:

I've added smaller 1 line layout + additional List Options "Show Title Only" for all relevant categories.

Excellent, sounds like there should be something in there for pretty much everyone's requests!

I wonder if it might be worth reducing the overall size/spacing of the header block for the most compact lists too? Just thinking that it would be a nice overall goal to provide a view that could display all of the tracks for an average album (say max 20 songs?) at first glance. But I guess it's easy enough to scroll down anyway, so probably not worth putting too much effort into.

Andre

Archived