Windows 10

Angela Dodds

I have Poweramp on all my mobile equipment, but I'm wanting to get back on my large laptop & even larger AIO, but they are both Windows 10.  Is there any likelihood that PA will soon venture over to Windows?  I presently have Media Monkey Gold, but in the past 6 months I have been losing songs. It starts in an album & slowly works it's way thru. The latest tragedy is my box set of every album Queen with Freddy, 25 CD's & a cost almost $400.00 Cnd.  If PA has no plans for going over to windows, might some you all know of something as good or nearly there as PA. I don't mind having to pay for a good media player. after all I paid for the MMGold & the full PA. I really do love PA. Anywho, thanks in advance.  

1 hour ago, Angela Dodds said:

I have Poweramp on all my mobile equipment, but I'm wanting to get back on my large laptop & even larger AIO, but they are both Windows 10.  Is there any likelihood that PA will soon venture over to Windows?  I presently have Media Monkey Gold, but in the past 6 months I have been losing songs. It starts in an album & slowly works it's way thru. The latest tragedy is my box set of every album Queen with Freddy, 25 CD's & a cost almost $400.00 Cnd.  If PA has no plans for going over to windows, might some you all know of something as good or nearly there as PA. I don't mind having to pay for a good media player. after all I paid for the MMGold & the full PA. I really do love PA. Anywho, thanks in advance.  

Have  you tried Musicbee?  It's similar to Media Monkey but free and has lots of settings to customize the UI and everything.   Even theater mode and you can customize that too!!  it has a spectrum analyzer and VU Meter.  shows lyrics and you can search for tags in the program.   I converted from itunes to it a few years ago.   Won't go back.   It also has a app that is buggy that you can do wifi syncs as well.  he's having problems figuring the app problem out.  

4 hours ago, Angela Dodds said:

Is there any likelihood that PA will soon venture over to Windows?

The short answer is no. The longer-term answer is actually the same, but with the caveat that you might be able to get it to run under an Android emulator.

Poweramp is an Android app, and developing and updating the Android version takes up all of the dev's available time, so there won't be iPhone, Windows, etc. versions in the foreseeable future.

Andre

I'd recommend Logitech Media Server. It's a pure server and then you can add any number of clients. Clients can simultaneously play their own stream from the server or clients can be sync'd so that you have multiroom / areas sync'd perfectly. Clients can be either ethernet or wifi attached to your network. Each client can have it's volume adjusted individually. Free client software is available for Windows, Linux and you can also build a client on a Raspberry PI with a DAC daughterboard and  all of this software is free. There are Android and iOS clients for a fee in their stores. The whole system can be controlled from a web browser on any device on your network. The "Material  Skin" in a browser on your phone is very similar to Poweramp, there are also control apps for Andriod and iOS in their respective stores and are quite affordable. It supports multiple Genre, Multiple Artist, Multiple Album artist tags. Supports just about any audio format you care to throw at it with full Hi-res support dependent on client hardware along with all tag formats for whatever file type.. Your music files are delivered bit perfect to the clients which do the decoding, The server is available for just about any platform except for Android and iOS, so any Windows, Mac or Linux variant platform is supported. It also has an active community. I have no skin in their game, but I use it for my home stereo systems and haven't seen anything that compares. 

4 hours ago, w3wilkes said:

I'd recommend Logitech Media Server. It's a pure server and then you can add any number of clients. Clients can simultaneously play their own stream from the server or clients can be sync'd so that you have multiroom / areas sync'd perfectly. Clients can be either ethernet or wifi attached to your network. Each client can have it's volume adjusted individually. Free client software is available for Windows, Linux and you can also build a client on a Raspberry PI with a DAC daughterboard and  all of this software is free. There are Android and iOS clients for a fee in their stores. The whole system can be controlled from a web browser on any device on your network. The "Material  Skin" in a browser on your phone is very similar to Poweramp, there are also control apps for Andriod and iOS in their respective stores and are quite affordable. It supports multiple Genre, Multiple Artist, Multiple Album artist tags. Supports just about any audio format you care to throw at it with full Hi-res support dependent on client hardware along with all tag formats for whatever file type.. Your music files are delivered bit perfect to the clients which do the decoding, The server is available for just about any platform except for Android and iOS, so any Windows, Mac or Linux variant platform is supported. It also has an active community. I have no skin in their game, but I use it for my home stereo systems and haven't seen anything that compares. 

On 5/6/2020 at 10:05 PM, hypomaniac-eric said:

Have  you tried Musicbee?  It's similar to Media Monkey but free and has lots of settings to customize the UI and everything.   Even theater mode and you can customize that too!!  it has a spectrum analyzer and VU Meter.  shows lyrics and you can search for tags in the program.   I converted from itunes to it a few years ago.   Won't go back.   It also has a app that is buggy that you can do wifi syncs as well.  he's having problems figuring the app problem out.  

Thank you so much. I'll give it looky see tomorrow. Cheers oldbroad Angela. 

Thank you all so very much. I understand that  PA will not be available anytime soon or ever. Also thanks for the suggestions. I will check them out this weekend. The  sad thing about this is I have just shy of 500 CD's that will have to be edited & the missing tracks redone. Oh well I'm just an oldbroad kitten who loves her music & have plenty of time on my hands. 

To the developers,  thank you for a fabulous app! I just love it! Cheers oldbroad Angela (aka fysty-1).

On 5/7/2020 at 7:05 AM, hypomaniac-eric said:

I using Musicbee as well. And it is fantastic and fast.

Not sure why Media Monkey would be losing your tracks though? Are the files stored locally on your Windows PC or in the cloud somewhere? if it did manage to corrupt some, just copy them back from your phone which you seem to say is working fine.

Andre

Archived