How dolby atmos works with hi-res audio in Poweramp v3

Fedrick

Hi,

I want to know how dolby atmos works with hi-res audio. I am using a samsung A30 which has dolby atmos and UHQA PCM(24bit-192khz) for audio. When im using Poweramp hi-res output with music fx on I cannot exactly say that Im experiencing dolby atmos besides high fidelity sound and its sounds too far from good. Please give an idea to me about how this works. Thank you.

Sometime if you turn DVC off, you might be able to use the device's onboard Atmos processing instead. Whether it also handles high-res is something you'd need to experiment with. I've got an A70, and have never bothered with trying Atmos to be honest, I just use Poweramp's audio processing.

Andre

I can feel dolby atmos on my phone but when using Poweramp its little difficult to experience that. I am wondering hi res audio and dolby atmos can use at the same time ? I love how Poweramp sounds but iam also a Dolby atmos fan too.

Usually, built in phone effects do not work with hi-res - either enabling the effect forces resampling to non-hi-res or effect doesn’t do anything. This of course depends on ROM variant as OEMs improve and break things all the time.

Archived