• Edit Tags in Multiple Selected songs
    • Custom EQ settings per Artist/Genre/songs
    • Spotify Plug-in/Support
    • Simple Track List view
    • A-B Repeat
    • Start Queue after current list
    • Track/Disc Number View
    • Other

Video Playback will never happen? I come here a lot and read a lot of posts and I never saw that answer anywhere.... Who knows if I would have ever known that without this post! Just another request lost in the weeds. Aside from moderators the average person that comes here doesn't have time to read 99% of the posts to find what they're looking for. Between this section and the Release Discussion section you have endless repetitive Posts dating back years that you would have to go through to see if your request exists and if there's even an answer in any of them.

This post was an attempt to spark some cohesion and save people time. 

21 hours ago, Absinthequ said:

Video Playback will never happen? I come here a lot and read a lot of posts and I never saw that answer anywhere....

The clue is in the product description I guess: "Poweramp Music Player for Android". Sorry, but there are no plans to turn it into a general media/video/etc player.

Oh, and Album Length (plus other category lengths) is already supported in category lists by default, and you can also display it in the header info at the top of each song list (Settings > Library > Lists > Headers with Meta).

Andre

53 minutes ago, andrewilley said:

The clue is in the product description I guess: "Poweramp Music Player for Android". Sorry, but there are no plans to turn it into a general media/video/etc player.

Oh, and Album Length (plus other category lengths) is already supported in category lists by default, and you can also display it in the header info at the top of each song list (Settings > Library > Lists > Headers with Meta).

Andre

Thanks for always being snarky in your responses. Good job Admin! At some point there will be one player that does everything important that Poweramp does and video. Poweramp should really be that player... 

On my device, You currently have to be in the album category to see a length for each album. You can't simply go to Artists, Album Artists, Genre or any other category for that matter and see a list of albums and see length of each individual album. You only see Track count and year. Scrolling back and forth through 3891 albums on my phone in the Albums category just to see a time length is ridiculously time consuming. Hence the request for a third field showing album length in other categories. BTW Maxmp said this is on the todo list.

If your library is structured something like 

Music\Artist\Album\songs

you will see the playing time in both Folder Hierarchy & Folder view just the same as the Album view. I agree that it would be nice to see the album playing time when drilling in from Artist, Album Artist, Genre, etc. 

I was just repeating what I said in my initial reply, which you then questioned. As I've said, Poweramp is designed to be a pure music player. If you want a general media player there are lots out there you can try. Personally, for video I use MX Player (which does not index and play music files as far as I know). Horses for Course I guess, rather than trying to be a Jack of All Trades (to horribly mix two metaphors). 

I've just checked, and you are right that for some reason overall running time is not included in just the drilldown album level for two specific categories, Artists and Album Artists - although it is present in the top level view for both of those categories. It also works fine in Folders, Albums, Albums by Artist, Genre, Composers, Playlists, etc. That definitely needs addressing as a glitch though, as it's meant to work everywhere. Thanks for the reminder.

Andre

It doesn't work in Genre or Composers on my device. I can see only track count and year. I can see a total length for that composer or Genre, but not a total length for each album in those categories.

I mean a total running time for Genre... I have 339:20:31 for Alternative, 407:40:51 for Hip Hop... interesting numbers, but not really useful. The new NF album is 1:12:19 That's pretty useful to know if I'm trying to decide if I have enough time to listen the whole album.

I know some people have requested different colored fonts. I found that using unicode symbols work well in Poweramp. Some show up different colors in Poweramp.

I found a handful of these useful in Folder Hierarchy to make certain artists and folders Pop out. You can put these in tags and make it pop out also. Anywhere really because they just act as a letter.

♥ ♦       ❤   

View this page on your phone, depending on what OS you have they'll show up different colors. A bunch more here:

https://www.compart.com/en/unicode/category/So

Screenshot_20191028-183919.thumb.jpg.bf7241b71c04e646716906ffb9018bdf.jpg

I changed my Windows Explorer and Tagging programs default font from "Segoe UI" to "Segoe UI Symbol" Everything still looks the same except now I can see these special symbols.

Archived