Play Next

Midion

It would be great if a long press feature was the ability to "play next" weather it be a playlist, album, or track.

I'm not a fan of using the que, but would use it if this feature existed. My listening is pretty a random so having this ability to play whatever I want to hear next would be awesome.

You mean in the category list view I assume?

So if you long-press on a song title in a list, one of the pop-up options (alongside Add to Queue, Add to Playlist, Delete, etc) would be "Play after current song". It would work exactly as if you had tapped on the song - so not as a temporarily queued item; it would changed to the new Category for the playback mode,and clear any current shuffle sequence - but it would just defer the start until after the current track has finished. That actually sounds like an excellent idea to me, hopefully @maxmp may feel the same? 

Andre

I think the ability to add a "Play after current song" or "Play this next" feature would be excellent(and much needed). I often find myself wishing this was a preexisting feature and constantly go to my queue and drag items up to the top that I want to hear sooner rather than later. 

58 minutes ago, Squeller said:

"Play next" to insert into the queue at next position. 

The 'Play Next' suggestion was not relating to the queue, but instead would cause normal playback - i.e. non-queue - to start playing a new track (just as if you simply tapped on the song title in the list) but only after the currently playing song had finished. Once started, the new song would then become the current playback position and category.

Andre

Archived