Playlist: add item to the beginning

lifeless

Please make it possible by default to add an item to the beginning of the playlist. It is completely inconvenient to use sorting every time - after adding the next track. In addition, there are some problems with it: I need the tracks to be displayed in the reverse order of addition, however, when I try to do this manually, some songs change their original positions. For example, after adding three songs, I manually activate sorting in the order of addition (in theory, the tracks should have the same positions before turning on the reverse order), and the second track swaps places with the third.

Sorry, I completely misread your post, for some reason I thought you were talking about adding to the queue, when you did clearly state Playlist.

Unfortunately there is currently no option to do the same trick with Playlists, the only action is to add at end. There was some discussion of making that new feature for the Queue more dynamic, allowing the user to decide at point of adding rather than it being only a global option, so if Max does decide to do that maybe he could make the same logic apply to adding songs to Playlists too?

The same logic applies to Re-Sort as I said above though.There are two date/time sorting features in PA, one of which is based on when the track was first found by PA's scanner and added to the music Library, and the other is based on the file-system timestamp - usually the last modified date of the file.

Andre

Yes, it would be cool to see this for playlists, because now it is not very convenient to use.

This sorting behavior seems strange.  I would like to be able to sort by the time of adding to the playlist (or in the order of adding additions, if you like) - this looks logical and is most familiar to the user. 

But this can be realized? Save this information to a database and operate on the data in it, for example.

In addition, as far as I have noticed, although I may be wrong, Poweramp cannot import playlists. In the settings, some option is available related to the system playlists, but I couldn't do anything with it.

Poweramp automatically reads any playlist files (e.g. *.M3U, *.M3U8) which it may find in your music folders during its routine scanning process and shows them in the Playlists library category. There is no need for any special action to bring in a playlist file, the 'Import Playlists' menu option is to fetch any Android system playlists which may have been created by other system apps for example.

Playlist files do not contain any particular metadata as to how or when they were created, Poweramp simply reads (or writes) just the lines of text that provide the paths to audio file names, as per the M3U spec, that is all it knows. For example:

D0D8-84ED/MusicFolders/Songs/ABBA/Waterloo/Honey Honey.mp3
D0D8-84ED/MusicFolders/Songs/ABBA/ABBA/Mamma Mia.mp3
D0D8-84ED/MusicFolders/Songs/ABBA/Arrival/Money, Money, Money.mp3
D0D8-84ED/MusicFolders/Songs/ABBA/Arrival/Dancing Queen.mp3
D0D8-84ED/MusicFolders/Songs/ABBA/Voulez Vous/Chiquitita.mp3

Andre

Archived