New SD card, old directory still there, reread does not change anything

caruso56

Hi,

I use Poweramp since years. I recently switched to a new phone under Android one, Android 9. I started with a 64 GB card and switched to 128 now. The new directory is not read. I can select the new folder. I can trigger a reread. But the old number of mp3s is still there. The new directory is not read. I deinstalled and deleted in internal and SD card memory all directories with not in the path, then I reinstalled. It stays the same. The new files are not read. What can I do?

As long as the right Music Folders are selected, just one Full Rescan might do it on its own. I just had to do that very thing when swapping my old 64GB card for a 200GB one (data was already copied over, but Android Pie gave it a whole new stupid directory path of course :( ).

Andre

Thank you for your help.

Yes, that's the way as it should work and worked on my other phones. This time not. 

The old directory is not longer available, so I cannot unselected it.

The new directory I can select and I can trigger the scan. After the scan, the number of tracks does not change and the old mp3s still are filling the library. The new mp3s are not collected. 

Is there a way to delete the old lib manually?

Regards

23 minutes ago, caruso56 said:

Is there a way to delete the old lib manually?

Deinstall Poweramp, then Reinstall. ( playlists, presets, settings etc will be deleted, settings and playlists can be exported and saved )

5 hours ago, caruso56 said:

The new directory I can select and I can trigger the scan

Regards

New files should appear as soon as you checked the new folder in Music Folders and pressed SELECT FOLDERS button there (after scan end).

Old (removed sd card) files will disappear if you use Full Rescan (last item in Settings / Library).

There is a hint right under Rescan option on top of Library settings:

Poweramp keeps tracks info (including ratings, playlists) from the removed storages even after Rescan. Use Full Rescan action below to clear that info

The full rescan vs rescan actions were requested back in Poweramp v1 days and still stays there (actually the only added benefit is temporarily keeping unreadable track entries around if you swap sd-cards often, not so useful nowadays, probably).

Archived