Music crashes in Samsung S9+ Pie

calamar87

The music crashes when whatsapp's checks get in the screen. For example, I'm listening my music, I write a message to a friend while i'm listening musis. In the moment that the checks appears in the screen, the music crashes. Besides, the music crashes when I'm watching a web inside facebook app. Those problems happened when I upgraded my android version from 8 to 9. Besides, when I receive a whatsapp message in the same conversation, the music crashes. My phone model is SM-69650, Android 9

1 minute ago, NickIst said:

It sounds like a change of audiofocus, you can adjust it in settings

No way, the problem started when I updated to Android 9 Pie, it only fixes if I disabled DIRECT VOLUME CONTROL, so I think that @maxmp should fix this problem

While I'm sure Max will look into it, you yourself say this seems to be an issue caused by you installing Android Pie, not by Poweramp itself. Sadly, Pie seems a backwards step on a lot of devices (especially Samsung). Are you using high-res by the way, as if so turning DVC off is often a good idea.

Andre

@calamar87 what is the output device/ Poweramp output you're using? (It should be Hi-Res output, even for standard output resolution on Pie). Please try to go to your Poweramp Settings / Audio / Outputs and hit Restore Defaults to get device optimized defaults.

I test Poweramp currently on 6 Samsung Pie devices (S9+ qualcomm, S9+ exy, S8 exy, Note8 Exy, S10+ Exy, A7) and I can't reproduce issue with notifications or other sound in background + DVC.

11 hours ago, maxmp said:

@calamar87 what is the output device/ Poweramp output you're using? (It should be Hi-Res output, even for standard output resolution on Pie). Please try to go to your Poweramp Settings / Audio / Outputs and hit Restore Defaults to get device optimized defaults.

I test Poweramp currently on 6 Samsung Pie devices (S9+ qualcomm, S9+ exy, S8 exy, Note8 Exy, S10+ Exy, A7) and I can't reproduce issue with notifications or other sound in background + DVC.

Well, I'm havig a lot of micro stops in the music when Im sending messages on whatsapp and the checks appears. The problem doesn't exists if I disable DIRECT VOLUME CONTROL, but if I do that I loose volume and music quality. Also Im having micro stops in the music when I navigate a website on facebook browser. Those problems appeared when I updated to Android 9 Pie

@calamar87 I personally use S9+ (qualcomm variant @ Pie) with default Poweramp output settings (you're getting these by clicking Restore defaults in Settings / Audio / Outputs) - last available WhatsApp doesn't do anything to Poweramp playing in background (using 3.5). Though, I don't use any builtin Samsung audio effects.

Screenshot_20190329-181816_Poweramp.jpg

On 3/29/2019 at 12:20 PM, maxmp said:

@calamar87 I personally use S9+ (qualcomm variant @ Pie) with default Poweramp output settings (you're getting these by clicking Restore defaults in Settings / Audio / Outputs) - last available WhatsApp doesn't do anything to Poweramp playing in background (using 3.5). Though, I don't use any builtin Samsung audio effects.

Screenshot_20190329-181816_Poweramp.jpg

So why should I deactivate DIRECT VOLUME CONTROL to fix the problem? Because if I deactivate it, the problem is fixed, but I want to use it turned on because the music gains volume an better quality

3 minutes ago, calamar87 said:

So why should I deactivate DIRECT VOLUME CONTROL to fix the problem? Because if I deactivate it, the problem is fixed, but I want to use it turned on because the music gains volume an better quality 

Yes, it would better if it worked, but unfortunately it doesn't. Not Poweramp's fault, Samsung and pie won't do it.

On 3/31/2019 at 10:09 AM, blaubär said:

Yes, it would better if it worked, but unfortunately it doesn't. Not Poweramp's fault, Samsung and pie won't do it.

I know that is not Poweramp's fault but it means that it won't be any solutions for this?

10 minutes ago, calamar87 said:

I know that is not Poweramp's fault but it means that it won't be any solutions for this?

At the moment, I think it depends on what Samsung do with their broken Pie implementation. Have you contacted them to see what they say?

Andre

25 minutes ago, Wemustsavemyfamily said:

Same thing was happening on my note 8 after pie update and I found the solution for it. Go to samsung music app -> sound quality -> turn of UHQ Upscaler. Fixed it for me.

It won't help in Note 9 and the same generation device because there is no separate switch for UHQ upscaler. 

2 hours ago, Wemustsavemyfamily said:

Same thing was happening on my note 8 after pie update and I found the solution for it. Go to samsung music app -> sound quality -> turn of UHQ Upscaler. Fixed it for me.

Wow thanks bro! I switched off and my problem is solved!

Archived