Sort album artist's albums by year.

LPW00

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd still love to see user-defined Categories implemented in Poweramp, which would be a solution to every thread like this one. A bit more work to start with of course (sorry Max!) but in the longer term such requests would become far fewer and would need less attention as users could build their own perfect Categories for themselves.

Andre

16 hours ago, andrewilley said:

I'd still love to see user-defined Categories implemented in Poweramp, which would be a solution to every thread like this one. A bit more work to start with of course (sorry Max!) but in the longer term such requests would become far fewer and would need less attention as users could build their own perfect Categories for themselves.

Andre

Right on! Thanks Andre and TIA Max! 🙏🏾

• 6 months later...

Any updates? Was looking for this exact same feature and the current Poweramp does not offer this. I clearly understood what OP was asking for as it is exactly what I was looking for as well.

Currently if you go to an artist in the library and and view all artist songs, then choose to sort the songs list by album, it does that but the albums are not shown in the order of year (oldest to newest) which would make the most sense. It does sort the songs by album and by track number properly but the overall order of the albums is alphabetical and not by year.

Can we at least have the option to change the secondary sorting of the albums for this sort type?

Thanks!

I agree this would make sense as an option. Most people probably prefer to sort album collections from one artist by year of release first, then alphabetically if two albums were released the same year. It would also tie in nicely with future support for extended yyyy-mm-dd formatting in the Year tag too.

Andre

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Oof I'm cringing at my older posts here, I certainly wasn't lying when I said my english was bad. I'd still very much like to see this (or even better @andrewilley's proposal) happen. I get excited every time Poweramp gets an update, but then I open the changelog and this one thing I've been waiting for, for literal years, is still not there. Is there anything specific that currently stands in the way of making this happen?

I still hanker after a build-your-own-Category feature, where you can add your own custom designed modes into the Category list (so not just a new List Options menu item, but creating a whole new custom Category):

However I do appreciate this is a lot of work, and I'd have thought simply adding a few specific new List Option sort orders to the Artist or Albums categories, so you could  arrange by year and then album title, ought to be a quicker interim solution  to satisfy this particular Feature Request.

Andre

• 4 months later...

This is referenced in the Frequently Requested Features list:

• Increased customisation of category sorting options, such as supporting Genres>Artists>Albums>songs or Artists>Albums-by-Year>songs. [ LINK1  LINK2  LINK3 ]
  • Support for reading and sorting yyyy-mm-dd dates instead of just Year.

However there are also dozens of other features on that list, and I guess it's down to how Max to choose how he prioritises his work time.

Andre