Search within Playlist

Ultimadrago

Okay, so I'm going to guess I'm dumb and haven't found this. However, I use this app each night when going to bed and I keep having trouble with the following:

I have a playlist that I use for passive listening but sometimes I want to start on a specific song. However, when using Search it chooses the song in the group of ALL songs.

I would like to search just the playlist so when shuffling (after first choosing the song), it continues playing music within the playlist. I've searched quite a bit and messed with the Search filters but it always chooses songs from my whole pool. 

Could a Playlist-only Search be added or could I be given a step-by-step on how I may do this if I'm just missing it?

1 hour ago, Ultimadrago said:

Okay, so I'm going to guess I'm dumb and haven't found this. However, I use this app each night when going to bed and I keep having trouble with the following:

I have a playlist that I use for passive listening but sometimes I want to start on a specific song. However, when using Search it chooses the song in the group of ALL songs.

I would like to search just the playlist so when shuffling (after first choosing the song), it continues playing music within the playlist. I've searched quite a bit and messed with the Search filters but it always chooses songs from my whole pool. 

Could a Playlist-only Search be added or could I be given a step-by-step on how I may do this if I'm just missing it?

I think what you want can be done by adding the song to the queue. You do that by long pressing on the song, then a menu opens, there you select "Queue".

This "Queue" is a special temporary playlist, it will play the song immediately or after the currently playing song has finished, depending on Settings > Library > Queue > Start Playing Queue Immediately

It should be possible to use the List Options feature (three-dots icon in the Search screen) to limit the results to particular categories only, but unfortunately when you select 'Playlists' it only returns matches to the title of the playlist rather than the contents. This is understandable if you think about it, as if you select 'Albums' or 'Folders' you are asking for the search to be performed on the album title or folder name, so logically the same applies to Playlists.

Poweramp v2 allowed you to search within the contents of the current list view only, but that type of filtering has not been implemented in v3 (as yet anyway).

Andre

Archived