S9 pie update hi resolution option is gone please fix this

Abhishekn

If turning DVC off does not help then you'll need to wait until Max has been able to work out what in Android Pie has caused these issues, or roll back to Android 8 in the meantime. It seems to happen every time Google release new versions, they move or break something that was working fine on previous versions.

Andre

6 hours ago, andrewilley said:

If turning DVC off does not help then you'll need to wait until Max has been able to work out what in Android Pie has caused these issues, or roll back to Android 8 in the meantime. It seems to happen every time Google release new versions, they move or break something that was working fine on previous versions.

Andre

How long we need to wait for the fix ? @maxmp @andrewilley

48 minutes ago, Abhishekn said:

Ok but when can we expect this issue fully solved? @maxmp

Max has told you above what he plans to implement for the time being.

The massively diverse combinations of different ROM levels, different manufacturers' implementations and mods to those ROMs, along with high-res not being a universally supported chipset feature anyway, will never be a perfect 'finished' science. There will always end up being some compromises somewhere - and it will most likely happen all over again when Android 10 gets released. The nearest thing to a perfectly compatible audio solution (which ought to work with everything) will mostly likely always be to use regular Android output, without DVC or other tweaky mods. That is the reason why high-res is quoted as being an experimental feature.

Andre

5 hours ago, andrewilley said:

The massively diverse combinations of different ROM levels, different manufacturers' implementations and mods to those ROMs, along with high-res not being a universally supported chipset feature anyway, will never be a perfect 'finished' science. There will always end up being some compromises somewhere - and it will most likely happen all over again when Android 10 gets released. The nearest thing to a perfectly compatible audio solution (which ought to work with everything) will mostly likely always be to use regular Android output, without DVC or other tweaky mods. That is the reason why high-res is quoted as being an experimental feature.

Andre

Ok but please solve this issue as soon as possible. @andrewilley

On 1/19/2019 at 10:29 AM, andrewilley said:

Andre

DVC off helps with the sound volume, but the audio quality is still bad + affected from the samsung processing. If I for example turn off the dolby atmost the sound changes as it's turned off, if then I turn it on - it changes back. Same with equaliser settings. This didn't happen in the android 8, the Poweramp had full control and no samsung processing + the best sound. Right now even with DVC off and all samsung processing manually off - the sound is underwhelming even vs the stock player. Just to give you and max more info as the only problem is not the volume, atleast on my stock android 9 exynos note 9.

On 1/20/2019 at 12:54 PM, andrewilley said:

Andre

Without being disrespectful, but most of us paid for the powermap, because of the hi-res support (even tho I had the choice to not pay for, so this goes to show how much I value max work after the extended test of the Poweramp player). I don't even use resampler to go up to 192kHz, I am playing at 24bit/44kHz and 32bit off+no equ (as most of my files are at 44, i.e. try to go natively). The sound difference vs the standard output from Poweramp settings and the default native samsung playback is really that big to the point that I can't really enjoy my music that much (keep in mind that I have high quality headphones to pair with the exynos note 9). I know it's experimental, not promised and all of this, I just say how the reality goes.. the UI is great, but not the point of that player historically. Guess how I bumped to Poweramp in the first place and what I was searching for the player to do. :)

That said, we are talking about one of the most sold phone series in the world support, not some Chinese 2 people using them phones. So it's kinda in the middle, from one side you are right, from our (my) side, I payed for the player only because of that hi-res capabilities. You can argue that no promise is made for the next android version (and the experimental status is inline with that), but imagine every application that is paid to start to do just that and stop working for any new android version - games, applications that costs money. This will be not good at all, wouldn't it? Reverting whole OS update just for a music player to work is also kinda... strange advice tbh and for so many reasons that I wont even start to list them.

Best Regards,

3 hours ago, andrewilley said:

As I said, Max has given his answer as to what he has been able to do for the next release. As Pie becomes more prevalent that situation may improve further (and I certainly hope it does, as I'm sure does Max) but it's not guaranteed.

Andre

@maxmp @andrewilley Samsung has released pie for s9 worldwide now so it's available in every country. With all due respect I would like to request you guys please release the fix as soon as possible. I have already spend 1 week without music as without Poweramp I feel it's useless listening to music. 

@maxmp @andrewilley The new version doesn't fix the note 9 @ android pie. The wired hi-res output is playing at 16bit/48kHz no matter what I do, if I turn off DVC it will auto switch to the normal audio output even when hi-res is selected and staying selected but not active, if I change the frequency to 44kHz or up it will also not change anything on the output and stay at 16bit/48kHz (and as I said, DVC off means directly switching to the standard output, as in the changelog is stated that DVC should be off for up than 48kHz. I am listening to 44kHz normally tho), dolby on/off is changing the sound too as before - no matter if it's the standard output or the hi-res @ 16bit/48kHz. That should be all, if you need more info I will gladly provide it. The phone is stock exynos note 9.

I have the same problem since the previous update that said to support Samsung S9 pie. Interesting thing is that I had everything working correctly (listening to music without dvc and hi res) after my phone got update to pie. Than I see failed message after the last update of Poweramp. 

Max, please fit it soon. Thanks. 

• 1 year later...

Archived