Jump to content
Poweramp
Abhishekn

S9 pie update hi resolution option is gone please fix this

Recommended Posts

There is very low sound at high volume with same previous settings and no hi res option after pie update for s9+.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Abhishekn said:

There is very low sound at high volume with same previous settings and no hi res option after pie update for s9+.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I emailed them,also wrote in many threads still no action from them. Only thing I was told in mail was install apk from website which has same issue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If turning DVC off does not help then you'll need to wait until Max has been able to work out what in Android Pie has caused these issues, or roll back to Android 8 in the meantime. It seems to happen every time Google release new versions, they move or break something that was working fine on previous versions.

Andre

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, andrewilley said:

If turning DVC off does not help then you'll need to wait until Max has been able to work out what in Android Pie has caused these issues, or roll back to Android 8 in the meantime. It seems to happen every time Google release new versions, they move or break something that was working fine on previous versions.

Andre

How long we need to wait for the fix ? @maxmp @andrewilley

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Abhishekn said:

How long we need to wait for the fix ?

I'm not aware of any timescale for this, @maxmp would need to provide an update. 

Andre

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Next PA build will have support for Samsung Pie hi-res (but no dvc for wired headset) + dvc for non-hi-res modes (or hi-res via BT and USB DACs).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, maxmp said:

Next PA build will have support for Samsung Pie hi-res (but no dvc for wired headset) + dvc for non-hi-res modes (or hi-res via BT and USB DACs).

Ok but when can we expect this issue fully solved? @maxmp

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Abhishekn said:

Ok but when can we expect this issue fully solved? @maxmp

Max has told you above what he plans to implement for the time being.

The massively diverse combinations of different ROM levels, different manufacturers' implementations and mods to those ROMs, along with high-res not being a universally supported chipset feature anyway, will never be a perfect 'finished' science. There will always end up being some compromises somewhere - and it will most likely happen all over again when Android 10 gets released. The nearest thing to a perfectly compatible audio solution (which ought to work with everything) will mostly likely always be to use regular Android output, without DVC or other tweaky mods. That is the reason why high-res is quoted as being an experimental feature.

Andre

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, andrewilley said:

Max has told you above what he plans to implement for the time being.

The massively diverse combinations of different ROM levels, different manufacturers' implementations and mods to those ROMs, along with high-res not being a universally supported chipset feature anyway, will never be a perfect 'finished' science. There will always end up being some compromises somewhere - and it will most likely happen all over again when Android 10 gets released. The nearest thing to a perfectly compatible audio solution (which ought to work with everything) will mostly likely always be to use regular Android output, without DVC or other tweaky mods. That is the reason why high-res is quoted as being an experimental feature.

Andre

Ok but please solve this issue as soon as possible. @andrewilley

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Abhishekn said:

Ok but please solve this issue as soon as possible. @andrewilley

@Abhishekn No point asking me, I'm just the forum admin here. Max (@maxmp) is the developer, and he has already given you his answer on what will happen for the time being.

Andre

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/19/2019 at 10:29 AM, andrewilley said:

If turning DVC off does not help then you'll need to wait until Max has been able to work out what in Android Pie has caused these issues, or roll back to Android 8 in the meantime. It seems to happen every time Google release new versions, they move or break something that was working fine on previous versions.

Andre

DVC off helps with the sound volume, but the audio quality is still bad + affected from the samsung processing. If I for example turn off the dolby atmost the sound changes as it's turned off, if then I turn it on - it changes back. Same with equaliser settings. This didn't happen in the android 8, the Poweramp had full control and no samsung processing + the best sound. Right now even with DVC off and all samsung processing manually off - the sound is underwhelming even vs the stock player. Just to give you and max more info as the only problem is not the volume, atleast on my stock android 9 exynos note 9.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/20/2019 at 12:54 PM, andrewilley said:

Max has told you above what he plans to implement for the time being.

The massively diverse combinations of different ROM levels, different manufacturers' implementations and mods to those ROMs, along with high-res not being a universally supported chipset feature anyway, will never be a perfect 'finished' science. There will always end up being some compromises somewhere - and it will most likely happen all over again when Android 10 gets released. The nearest thing to a perfectly compatible audio solution (which ought to work with everything) will mostly likely always be to use regular Android output, without DVC or other tweaky mods. That is the reason why high-res is quoted as being an experimental feature.

Andre

Without being disrespectful, but most of us paid for the powermap, because of the hi-res support (even tho I had the choice to not pay for, so this goes to show how much I value max work after the extended test of the Poweramp player). I don't even use resampler to go up to 192kHz, I am playing at 24bit/44kHz and 32bit off+no equ (as most of my files are at 44, i.e. try to go natively). The sound difference vs the standard output from Poweramp settings and the default native samsung playback is really that big to the point that I can't really enjoy my music that much (keep in mind that I have high quality headphones to pair with the exynos note 9). I know it's experimental, not promised and all of this, I just say how the reality goes.. the UI is great, but not the point of that player historically. Guess how I bumped to Poweramp in the first place and what I was searching for the player to do. :)

 

That said, we are talking about one of the most sold phone series in the world support, not some Chinese 2 people using them phones. So it's kinda in the middle, from one side you are right, from our (my) side, I payed for the player only because of that hi-res capabilities. You can argue that no promise is made for the next android version (and the experimental status is inline with that), but imagine every application that is paid to start to do just that and stop working for any new android version - games, applications that costs money. This will be not good at all, wouldn't it? Reverting whole OS update just for a music player to work is also kinda... strange advice tbh and for so many reasons that I wont even start to list them.

 

Best Regards,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As I said, Max has given his answer as to what he has been able to do for the next release. As Pie becomes more prevalent that situation may improve further (and I certainly hope it does, as I'm sure does Max) but it's not guaranteed.

Andre

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, andrewilley said:

As I said, Max has given his answer as to what he has been able to do for the next release. As Pie becomes more prevalent that situation may improve further (and I certainly hope it does, as I'm sure does Max) but it's not guaranteed.

Andre

@maxmp @andrewilley Samsung has released pie for s9 worldwide now so it's available in every country. With all due respect I would like to request you guys please release the fix as soon as possible. I have already spend 1 week without music as without Poweramp I feel it's useless listening to music. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Music is life! 👌

Please have more patience. I'm sure Max is working on a fix and features that will be satisfying for most of us. Cheers!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@maxmp @andrewilley The new version doesn't fix the note 9 @ android pie. The wired hi-res output is playing at 16bit/48kHz no matter what I do, if I turn off DVC it will auto switch to the normal audio output even when hi-res is selected and staying selected but not active, if I change the frequency to 44kHz or up it will also not change anything on the output and stay at 16bit/48kHz (and as I said, DVC off means directly switching to the standard output, as in the changelog is stated that DVC should be off for up than 48kHz. I am listening to 44kHz normally tho), dolby on/off is changing the sound too as before - no matter if it's the standard output or the hi-res @ 16bit/48kHz. That should be all, if you need more info I will gladly provide it. The phone is stock exynos note 9.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have the same problem since the previous update that said to support Samsung S9 pie. Interesting thing is that I had everything working correctly (listening to music without dvc and hi res) after my phone got update to pie. Than I see failed message after the last update of Poweramp. 

Max, please fit it soon. Thanks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×