Equalizer Bugs

Raw_Bar

1. it doesn't, 100% 🙂. All the distortion you possible hear is caused by audio system components after Poweramp (but you can tune/configure them not to do so).

2. sorry, but how exactly presets don't change "custom" equalization (and what is custom equalization, btw?)

If you over-saturate the gain levels (e.g. on a track which has 100% amplitude anyway, and you try to increase the bass without reducing the pre-amp gain first) then you could cause clipping distortion. High-res output modes might help with that as I believe they provide more working headroom.

Andre

2 hours ago, maxmp said:

1. it doesn't, 100% 🙂. All the distortion you possible hear is caused by audio system components after Poweramp (but you can tune/configure them not to do so).

2. sorry, but how exactly presets don't change "custom" equalization (and what is custom equalization, btw?)

2. I meant that I have a customized equalizer preset which when saving, also apparently included a custom tone(bass & treble level controls) set up. When I change from this custom preset to a default preset equalizer, the tone settings still remains unchanged. I have to manually click on reset button to tone everything to default.

I've attached a screenshot of my custom equalization preset (LARSTY) showing that when it saved this custom preset, it included tone customization (bass level of 77% and treble of 61%). If I change to a system preset, these two still remains the same.

Screenshot_20181215-132930.png

2 hours ago, andrewilley said:

If you over-saturate the gain levels (e.g. on a track which has 100% amplitude anyway, and you try to increase the bass without reducing the pre-amp gain first) then you could cause clipping distortion. High-res output modes might help with that as I believe they provide more working headroom.

Andre

The issue is not with gain levels. Issue is how the app saves equalizer presets. Apparently it saves tone level settings but fail to change this when selecting another preset equalizer until one preses the reset button. Check screenshots of my previous replies above.

2. OK, built-in presets by default don't have any bass or treble levels assigned. But if you overwrite built-in preset with own values, bass and treble values are included as well.

Bass + treble are always saved for user preset - no matter if that's a completely new preset or user overwrites a builtin one.

2 hours ago, maxmp said:

2. OK, built-in presets by default don't have any bass or treble levels assigned. But if you overwrite built-in preset with own values, bass and treble values are included as well.

Bass + treble are always saved for user preset - no matter if that's a completely new preset or user overwrites a builtin one.

Noted and thanks for the help.

Archived