Font changing

ivo1bg

Hello. I'm a newbie and don't know if this option have discussed already. If yes, please excuse me and point me to the right place, please. Is it possible to make some Font changes on the OEM skin? I am using the app on auto head unit and it is very difficult to see the Artist/Album Artist/ Album information on the screen. 

Powaeramp.jpg

Poweramp uses quite standard "sp" sizes (depends on your device text scaling setting), and if I increase it, on "normal" devices they will become just huge and upset users.

There are plans for an additional separate skin with a bit more options like font sizes though.

Good luck asking for larger fonts! We have requested a car skin as back as 5-6 years ago and never received an answer (you can search and find the posts). Lots of us drive and use Poweramp and i find V3 even worse in this aspect. Basically it's dangerous to drive and trying to make out the info (as in the picture). I've even bought other apps to use in the car but a simple skin would be great... 

6 minutes ago, maxmp said:

Current PA v3 skins are usable for cars Android units already, simpler UI via Android Audio is also planned.

What about non car head units? Just playing Poweramp on our phones with a simple skin with larger fonts? (not all cars have head units) PA was the first android app I've ever bought and keep coming back because of its awesomeness but believe me it's very frustrating trying to see the info while driving. Let's see the new UI hoping for better options. Thanks

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Maxmp why you don't add this simple otpion to make font bigger???

I don't think it's so difficult.

On 12/15/2018 at 9:17 AM, maxmp said:

Poweramp uses quite standard "sp" sizes (depends on your device text scaling setting), and if I increase it, on "normal" devices they will become just huge and upset users.

No way, I did set the device text scaling to bigger one, menus become bigger but not the info of when you play the song (first photo of the thread).

On 12/15/2018 at 9:17 AM, maxmp said:

There are plans for an additional separate skin with a bit more options like font sizes though.

This was 6 months ago.........

• 3 months later...

@djdjdj I warned you guys didn't I? If you take into account that my request for a skin with larger fonts goes back to 2012, then the six months you think are a lot, well...they are not.  The only way I explained it in my mind is that the dev does not consider this a logical request or it's always in the bottom of his priorities. To be honest I'm not using PA in my car anymore as other apps went on to create CAR MODES... 

40 minutes ago, andrewilley said:

PA now supports Android Auto, which offers the simpler/larger interface that you request.

Andre

Yeah because all of us have Android Auto Units in our cars.  I did try out this solution some time ago (sideloaded AA on my phone since it's not supported in my country) and it does work with PA fine although the battery drain is quite high if you don't plug it on a USB port. And judging by this answer it looks even more likely that nothing will be done on a skin with larger fonts... 

I solved long time ago with flyingdutchman'skin (Yaps skin)!

With this skin you can make fonts bigger.

A big bug is that you can't save skin's settings and if you update the skin you loose all.

It's not skin's developers fault but it's PA issue. 

9 minutes ago, djdjdj said:

A big bug is that you can't save skin's settings and if you update the skin you loose all.

Is it only for the paid version?  I downloaded the free version and can't seem to find an option for the font sizes.

Thanks for the reply :)

7 hours ago, djdjdj said:

Not exactly. The sample skin/skin sdk demonstrates what should be done to keep settings between skin rebuilds.

Archived