Another songs-missing case...

Yossakorn_J

This is another case...

In my previous topic, some songs are missing in PA library without any clue.

But in this case, the songs seem to be merged in one another. The list of songs in the album says that a track length is 41:26 mins. It seems impossible, so I guess that the missing songs could've merged in that track.

So, I tried playing that song till the end in order to hear the missing songs. But, no, the song ends in just 4:09 mins which is exactly the same length that is indicated in the info/tags of the track.

Most importantly, I'd like to have my songs back. But I don't have any idea how to. I did try to run a rescan and full rescan, but the issue still insist.

See the pictures to get the idea.

- First, The song that seems to have merged some missing songs ends at 4:09 mins.

- Second, As you can see in the list, it says that the first track length is 41:26 mins. (The last track also has the same issue)

- Third, While the PA's list has 3 tracks, my file explorer has 10 tracks. LOL

- Fourth, The track's info/tags indicates 249secs (4:09) and everything seems usual.

There isn't CUE file in this folder though, so that's not the cause of the problem.

My device, same : Samsung Galaxy A8+(2018)

Poweramp V3-build-803

Android 8.0

Thank you for you help in advanced.

,Best wish

Screenshot_20181030-090717_Poweramp.jpg

Screenshot_20181030-090621_Poweramp.jpg

Screenshot_20181030-090557_My Files.jpg

Screenshot_20181030-092034_Poweramp.jpg

30 minutes ago, Yossakorn_J said:

Thank you for you help in advanced.

Are these your own encodings? Is there any way they might be corrupt?

Try setting "the ignore short tracks" option to include all. Just in case the tracks are erraneously showing as a shorter time.

Also, one trick I've found to sometimes work is to refresh the library by selecing a non music folder and hit full rescan so you have 0 songs listed, then reselect your music folder and full rescan to rebuild the full library.

5 hours ago, djdarko said:

Are these your own encodings? Is there any way they might be corrupt?

Try setting "the ignore short tracks" option to include all. Just in case the tracks are erraneously showing as a shorter time.

Also, one trick I've found to sometimes work is to refresh the library by selecing a non music folder and hit full rescan so you have 0 songs listed, then reselect your music folder and full rescan to rebuild the full library.

Thank you for replying.

Sorry, I don't do encoding, so I don't know if my files are corrupted. 

But hey, it's working now. Setting ignore short tracks to include all does bring my songs back. Thank you.

The missing tracks now appear as 1 second in length, even though the info/tags of the missing song indicates the full length of the song. But nevermind, because now i'm able to play the songs normally.

But why did the problem happen at first place? Because it doesn't happen with many other albums. It'd be nice if I don't have to get around these settings, I suggest Poweramp sort this one out. (Some people who has this problem might think so)

Anyway, thank you very much for your help, djdarko. I really appreciate it.

Screenshot_20181030-163219_Poweramp.jpg

18 hours ago, Yossakorn_J said:

But why did the problem happen at first place?

I'm glad I was able to help. It's difficult to say why that happened without knowing the encoder information. If you have foobar2000 on your PC you can check the properties on the files.

Archived