How to show star rating of each song on every list?

g6lg

For my update ( uninstall old version 793 and install 795 -- so as clean as possible of an install ) i can't see the rating in any list except for top or low rated.

I would like to be able to see it in all the lists!

Also: i see  that the position is different from your screenshots: mine is straight over the artwork, whilst yours is on the right side.

My device is OnePlus 3, with Oxygen OS beta 39 (latest 8.0.0 for op3)

aac&sz=1920Displaying Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa...

Sidenote: it seems that i cannot figure resize a photo's size. Can someone kindly help me?

I have the same problem.

Please bring back this feature, at the moment it is very hard for me to manage my ratings-based playlists.

It would be great if playlists could be created based on ratings, e.g. create a playlist with all 5 star or 4 star or 3 star or not yet rated tracks!

13 hours ago, TheBestPessimist said:

For my update ( uninstall old version 793 and install 795 -- so as clean as possible of an install ) i can't see the rating in any list except for top or low rated.

I would like to be able to see it in all the lists!

Also: i see  that the position is different from your screenshots: mine is straight over the artwork, whilst yours is on the right side.

My device is OnePlus 3, with Oxygen OS beta 39 (latest 8.0.0 for op3)

aac&sz=1920Displaying Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa...

Sidenote: it seems that i cannot figure resize a photo's size. Can someone kindly help me?

The screenshot was borrow from @maxmp post, but I have the stars on top of artworks too.

You mean like this:

star.jpeg

Right, rating is shown in (Top/Low) Rated only, this is to simplify / unclutter items. Also, this placeholder is also used for play number (in most played), folders (in folder hierarchy), queue icon in queue. As for other lists, it's not used and I can add option to show ratings there. It won't be visible in Queue and Most Played though.

I also agree with you guys.. Rating visible in every list let me play my favorite song from the album view without having to navigate to the top rated list.

I miss this feature too!!

Thanks to the developer for taking care of our needs btw.. :)

On 9/3/2018 at 3:54 AM, maxmp said:

Right, rating is shown in (Top/Low) Rated only, this is to simplify / unclutter items. Also, this placeholder is also used for play number (in most played), folders (in folder hierarchy), queue icon in queue. As for other lists, it's not used and I can add option to show ratings there. It won't be visible in Queue and Most Played though.

Yes please, keep up the good work.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/3/2018 at 3:54 AM, maxmp said:

Any news for next release?

@maxmp

Unfortunately it's not possible. You can set any list to be sorted by rating and change rating while playing this list => this makes all the loaded lists to reload (now playing as visible, now playing in service, any cached pages, now playing in miniplayer) - that doesn't work for large collections, also order of songs changes suddenly, shuffle reshuffles / breaks and other logical errors happen (not actual errors, but sequence of actions in player which are hard to explain to users, such actions are required so data is consistent between various parts of player).

So I implemented it, tested it, and reverted back.

5 hours ago, maxmp said:

Just a thought, but to avoid those issues would it be possible to disable rating changes from being made while playback is active, with a popup message saying you need to stop playback before adjusting a rating in this Category of playback?

Andre

9 hours ago, maxmp said:

@maxmp so what you're saying is that we will not have the possibility to see rating in all our lists at all?

(eg. i am interested mostly in "all songs"), (i remember your exceptions mentioned above and have no problem with those)

On 9/3/2018 at 11:54 AM, maxmp said:

It won't be visible in Queue and Most Played though.

We will only have the ratings in the 2 specially created playlists and that's it? That makes me really really sad.. ?

22 hours ago, andrewilley said:

Just a thought, but to avoid those issues would it be possible to disable rating changes from being made while playback is active, with a popup message saying you need to stop playback before adjusting a rating in this Category of playback?

Andre

May be. Still this feature requires much more work and and corner cases polishing, thus it won't be in upcoming release, but it is certainly in my backlog.

I tested it in v2 and it never reloads currently played list while ratings are changed. Probably this is a right approach to take.

Currently, Top / Low rated (in v3) are dynamically reloaded and while you're playing them, order of songs always reflects actual sorting, but that's not for, saying, 20k All Songs list.

Archived