Library: Genre - Artist - Album - Songs

griff

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I completely agree with this. In fact that's the only reason I sometimes use mixzing (it gets genre mostly right, genre->artist; most players don't... genre->album or genre-> song). "genre" becomes more important for folks with large libraries and eclectic music tastes. These are situations that benefit from the extra artist filter.

• 2 weeks later...

+1

On my iPod and my Squeezebox, this is how I would browse my music. When I tried it with Poweramp, I was surprised it didn't work.

Since my library on my Xoom is smaller, it isn't a huge deal since I can just browse artists, but it sould be nice to browse artists/albums only from a specific genre.

• 8 months later...

I would also like to see this option: 'Genre - Artist - Album - Songs' instead of 'Genre - Album - Songs'. The latter makes no sense.

Yes! I would love to see that. My thought process is as follows:

Do I care what I listen to? No, then throw everything on as shuffle.

Do I want a specific genre? Throw that genre on, probably shuffled.

Do I want a specific artist? Throw that artist on, album by album. (This is where I REALLY can't figure out how to do what I need with Poweramp. It's like I can't put all the artist's works on in the view I'm in - instead, it displays individual albums?! I have to go to a specific sort of view just to do it. Really infuriating.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

Archived