PA V3 on OnePlus 3 Oreo: no longer compatible with my car

MRK17

I have a 2016 Peugeot 108, and I always used Poweramp to stream bluetooth in my car from my OnePlus 3. Everything worked just fine, titles & seek bar were displayed properly in the car and I could skip tracks and skip albums too by triple tapping the button on my steering wheel, also sound quality was perfect.

After my OP3 updated to Oreo (currently in Beta btw), the sound quality became just awful, and also the buttons stopped working and the car stopped displaying the metadata and the seekbar. Other players seem to work fine though, but only Poweramp gave me the best audio quality and the ability to skip entire albums by triple clicking.

I'd like to know if this is a known issue for Oreo devices or if it's just the OP3 being stupid on this beta firmware.

Thanks in advance.

51 minutes ago, pauldamo said:

You didn't say which build you are using,if you aren't using build 704,try it.

That's the build I'm using. It worked perfectly before Oreo but now it doesn't work anymore. Maybe it's an issue with the current Oreo beta on the OP3. Is bluetooth streaming working fine in cars on other Oreo devices?

30 minutes ago, quirK said:

Check that you set the audio output in either Android or PA to the virtual device? IIRC Oreo changed the audio subsystem.

I can hear the sound just fine (other than the poor audio quality), but the buttons don't work at all (they worked perfectly before) and I can't see any metadata on the car.

I updated to the stable firmware and the sound is ok. Unfortunately the controls and Metadata display is still broken so I would assume that PA is not fully compatible with Oreo, because other players work just fine with my car.

On 20/11/2017 at 6:21 PM, andrewilley said:

The next beta release should be more compatible with newer versions of Android, when Oreo gets an official release anyway. The current alpha release 704 was built just before Nougat became official I seem to recall.

Andre

Oreo has been officially released for a while by Google, and from OnePlus it was released last week in stable form. I know full well that the current version was made for Marshmallow / Nougat, in fact I had to update to 704 on Nougat because I had constant crashes while browsing the song lists on 703 and earlier. The current version still works just fine outside of the car compatibility, which unfortunately is my main use for the music player these days that I cannot use headphones due to an injury to my ear...

I had to resort to using my Galaxy S4 again to get some music in my car for now, as my stupid car does not support playlists from usb...

On 28/11/2017 at 10:41 PM, Amanarya111 said:

Just Rollback to stable version from playstore, BT controls are working fine on OnePlus 3 OB27

Holy crap, it actually worked. I ruled it out working because I assumed the stable version was too old for proper compatibility with Oreo, but it seems it works just perfect including in the car. I will keep using the old version since I don't really need any new feature from v3 right now and having bt in my car is top priority for me right now.

• 2 months later...

I was also having this problem with some Bluetooth headphones.

I usually used to use headphones with Bluetooth version 2 which worked with Poweramp v3.

When I switched to these new headphones which run on Bluetooth version 4.0. Poweramp v3 did not respond to buttons apart from volume (but I suspect that was interacting with the android OS rather than PA). I first thought it was the headphones but seeing it be okay with other apps i realised it was the app. This topic made me consider downgrading from Poweramp beta V3 to Poweramp V2. Headphones now work fine.

Hopefully that long drawn out explanation will help with SEO.

I  have Moto G4, Android 7.0

Using V3 704 for several months now.

This version was working mostly good with my 2015 Ford vehicles. Once in awhile it had trouble starting the first song.

Now I have a 2018 Ford with Sync3 and the metadata doesn't change on the sync screen during normal shuffle progression

It does change when I use sync or steering wheel to advance BUT it's always shows data from the previous song.

Yesterday I took the phone out of my pocket and used the Poweramp screen to move from song to song and sync3 was perfectly happy displaying the proper info at the right time.

I can conclude when the phone is in standby the metadata isn't being received on time by sync 3. 

Any suggestions?

p.s. I can't use v2 as .wma files tick during playback. very annoying and fixed with v3 704

Thanks AW, I've looked at the metadata options and don't recognize anything that might help, but be sure i'm no expert on this terminology so it's even possible I've configured it wrong in the past.

In Tweaks I've now enabled keep service and use wakelock. I'll test later today.

If I have messed things up, is uninstalling and reinstalling (without loading my saved settings) the easiest way to start from scratch with default settings?

3 hours ago, Boight said:

If I have messed things up, is uninstalling and reinstalling (without loading my saved settings) the easiest way to start from scratch with default settings?

You can just delete the app data in your Android settings to revert to default settings.

Andre

Archived