Poweramp

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. dunkel

v3 build 823 - High Battery Consumption

Just charged my phone, will have Poweramp playing for half an hour with screen off and as the active app and another half an hour afterwards in the background. I will post results in an hour or so. You want power consumption screenshots? I could also help out with some logcat output if you have a suspision what might cause it and those would be of any help. Greetings, dunkel
  3. Wottenad

Mouse support in Library view

I use Poweramp on an Android car radio and this is the most frustrating part of the interface. I use a Kensington trackball with a scroll ring that allows scrolling up and down, but this scroll feature does not work in anything other than settings menu. The only way to scroll through album, artist, song listings Etc is to do it manually on the touchscreen. The same goes when displaying lyrics. If there is any way that you can incorporate scrolling on the song lists, that will make Poweramp complete!
  4. While playing a user created list, the next song will jump to a song from the first artist listed alphabetically. I am streaming to a blutooth headset. This appears to happen after I pause then reconnect. The song that was playing on my playlist will finish, but instead of playing the next song it'll jump to the first song for the first listed artist.
  5. dunkel

v3 build 823 - High Battery Consumption

Have been running into the same problem in the last couple of weeks as well. This seems to only happen when the screen is off, but Poweramp is the active app. When Poweramp is running in the background, it drains only a fraction of the battery. Greetings. Setup: Honor 8 FRD-L09, EMUI 5.0, Android 7.0 Poweramp v828
  6. Today
  7. andrewilley

Shuffle issues

The only way that should happen is if you reshuffle the sequence again, for example by selecting a new Shuffle mode or changing other aspects of playback. If you have got track numbering displayed, you should see the song position within the full songs list (e.g, 1/1234, then 2/1234, 3/1234, etc). If that resets, and the first number goes back to 1 again, you have a newly shuffled list. You can also see how far back through previous tracks you can swipe - everything in the current shuffle history should be available to go back through to see what has been played so far. Andre
  8. Disco_Ninjas_Bakery

Shuffle issues

So recently I've noticed that when I play a playlist in shuffle mode, it now happens quite often that, before all the songs in the playlist have been played once, a song that had already been played before comes on again. Now, I'm basically a 100% sure that that hasn't happened until about a week ago, ever. So I was just wondering if anyone else ran into the same problem and knows how to fix it? Thanks in advance.
  9. andrewilley

Resuming long track

Whether the current track is long or short is not really relevant; for the CURRENTLY PLAYING (or paused) song in the main player interface, the listening position should be restored after a reboot. PA should always come back to the same song and playback-position that was present before the shutdown, just as if you simply turned the screen off and back on again. It what should always happen when exiting and restarting the player, and has been normal behaviour since the app first came out. You said above that this was not working for you for any songs - i.e. after a reboot, any song will come back to 0:00 as if it was a new song, rather than a partly-played one (or in the case of longer tracks, it might restore to whatever old 'save-for-later' position might have been created in the past when switching back and forth between other long tracks). Andre
  10. andrewilley

Some unique M3u8 problems as usual with me

If you use a global 'Search & Replace' operation, a text editor will change ALL occurrences that it finds of the "search" string into the "replace" string, as many times as it needs to throughout the whole file. It's really not very hard to do, and very quick. If you had a file with one line for each date in a year for example, you could ask a text editor to replace all 365 occurrences of the year "2018" with "2019" to update a whole document, and it would do the entire file in one go. However it would not understand the reason behind the change, such as changing a date, or a folder path - it simply knows to swap one set of characters for another, completely automatically. But as I keep saying, that will only work if the rest of the subfolder layout has not changed much, and all you need to do is change a few higher level words in the paths. If you've changed the entire structure with no logical way to tell it how to change the old to the new, you'll need to do it by hand (either that or change all the subfolder names back to what they were before). Which method is least work for you depends on how much you've moved away from your old folder structure, and whether you can create some simple logical ways to change the pointers within the old M3U8 file to refer to your new folder/subfolder locations. Andre
  11. ultrarunner2019

Resuming long track

Well, the fact that I must change to another track after pausing a long track in order to have the long track's position recorded in permanent memory - so that position is returned to after rebooting - is indeed associated only with long tracks, and effective only when Per Track Progress is enabled.
  12. Kloppstock

Yes i have created new first level of subfolders named "Delx", i could have named the folders exactley the same...however the files that have been splitted out into each new subfolders are anyway totaly different from the last SD-cards counterpart (but the songs are the same), that was unavoidable in this case....which means i dont know any longer which "Del" folder each item have landed into, so i will have a double search and find project here...why its probably faster to create a new playlist "and replace each occurrence with:" The folder "Musik 5" only....contains 70 items that i must change I told you my playlist was big..i dont see how this will go fast yet "Search and Replace is a fairly basic function in any decent text editor. Just load the M3U8 file into the editor, use the search feature to find whatever text that you want to replace on each line, and tell it to 'Replace All' with the appropriate new path details." And here is what i dont understand that sounds like it would speed up the process.....this "replace all" feat you talk about, i have never seen this technique in my life i think... i dont get any visual picture in my mind, so could you please either post a screenhot or do my work for me as i offerered you to help with
  13. andrewilley

Resuming long track

PA does not take any notice of the genre name, only the duration. However you said earlier this is also happening with regular songs, for which PA is not remembering the position of the currently playing song if you turn off and reboot your phone while it is playing. So this issue seems to affects ALL currently playing music files, and if that's the case then treating it as a long-track issue is perhaps a red herring. In your above example, when you hit pause, close PA, reboot your phone and restart the app, you should always see the current track paused at the same location where you left off. Andre
  14. andrewilley

So you have changed your first level of subfolders, previously titled in the format "Musik 1", "Musik 2", "Musik 3", etc to "Del1", "Del2", "Del3" instead ? In which case, in a text editor, do a global Search for: /storage/sdcard1/Lotsen från Gädda/Musik 1/ and replace each occurrence with: /storage/sdcard1/Lotsen från Gädda/Del1/ and do the same again for each subfolder name change. If the numeric digit pattern is the same across all of your subfolders (i.e. changing all "Musik x" to "Delx") then you could get away with just searching for /storage/sdcard1/Lotsen från Gädda/Musik (with a trailing space at the end) and replacing all of those with /storage/sdcard1/Lotsen från Gädda/Del All of this assumes that you have not changed anything else though, that you have merely altered one set of specific subfolder names to different names. If the patterns are more complex, you would need to do a series of carefully chosen search&replace operations to catch them all. Andre
  15. ultrarunner2019

Resuming long track

The problem is not a specific file. I first experienced it while playing a 2+ hour track I created in Reaper from songs on my HDD. This track shows in PA and in MusicBee (on my PC) as a single track. Then, after I decided I wanted to upload a long track to the forum, I created another long track (20 minutes) in Reaper from songs in public domain. I uploaded an .mp3 version of that track. Both the 2 hour and the 20 minute tracks exhibit the same behavior in PA, which is as described in earlier posts here. I even tried tagging the song as a podcast, thinking perhaps (on the outside chance) that PA would recognize that tag and handle it differently - but it did not. Since it appears that this is an isolated problem, I have come to believe that it is an Android problem, not a PA problem. That said, my audiobook player always remembers the per-track position when I reboot my phone. I sent you the file, but was warned that it exceeds the 25Mb limit. The file is about 47Mb.
  16. Kloppstock

Yes thats correct "but you have not said what the NEW lines need to" I have attempted to tell you that the new location are simply 5 new subfolders inside the paths based on my old file system /storage/sdcard1/Lotsen från Gädda/Del1 /storage/sdcard1/Lotsen från Gädda/Del2 /storage/sdcard1/Lotsen från Gädda/Del3 /storage/sdcard1/Lotsen från Gädda/Del4 /storage/sdcard1/Lotsen från Gädda/Del5 "Assuming, as I keep saying, that you have not changed the rest of your subfolders layout and thus effectively broken the entries in the playlist completely. " I dont know what you mean with "the rest" Here is an example of an old subfolder that have ceased to exist "/storage/sdcard1/Lotsen från Gädda/Music 2/06 Armed & Dangerous.mp3" So obviosly you need to replace Music2 with a new subfolder to either of this "Del" folders Alterernate i have offered in previous posts to move all my files from these 5 new subfolders to just "/storage/sdcard1/Lotsen från Gädda/ to make is ismpler for you, and im waiting for your answer there. That was part one Part two is that i stil don understand how you are going to use ".Search and Replace" here...so im need you practial examples probably but first we must past part 1
  17. The three lines menu where settings, changelog, and help are placed. I think visualization and sleep timer aren't as "high priority" as repeat, shuffle, and rating (this is very subjective though, and since there's no real shortcut for 'favoriting' a song, I use thumbs up for it). So, I would want to request the two buttons moved into the three lines menu, or at least an option to do so. With the extra room, the rating button can move to where the two buttons (visualization & sleep timer) used to be, thus it won't obstruct the song info (esp. artist - album) anymore.
  18. andrewilley

Remember playback positions in tracks

Might be worth making this (another) option? "Attempt Accurate Seek (may consume extra battery)" for example? A lot of longer tracks are likely to be things like podcasts/etc where the user has no control over the encoding, and where seek accuracy can drift by several minutes (such as the fairly extreme example I gave before, http://traffic.libsyn.com/alohomora/Alohomora_Cursed_Child_NYC_Earth_One_and_Earth_Two.mp3 ) Andre
  19. andrewilley

Messed up audio lengths

It could be a Q issue then, if the files are not reading correctly for some reason? This would be one for @maxmp to look at though I suspect. Andre
  20. andrewilley

Song/Artist name not showing despite tags being correct.

PA does not need CUE files for properly tagged albums, so including them in the folder can cause the songs to be shown as their CUE-generated versions (which won't have the same metadata) instead of using the actual files with their parsed tags. Andre
  21. andrewilley

Resuming long track

Sending Max the file would eliminate that being the problem, but I think as you are seeing the same resume-position after reboot problem on small files too, that is probably not the issue here. Andre
  22. re:fi.64

Messed up audio lengths

Anything else I can add to try to find a solution? One thing maybe worth noting, I found the attached images in the logcat when I ran a scan, you can see the invalid file length there.
  23. trjtrkuyti7t

Song/Artist name not showing despite tags being correct.

That actually worked! I don't know why, but it did. I have other albums which have cue files which are detected fine. Thanks!
  24. Hi, I had the same issue and I was able to fix mine, so there's a chance it might work for you. For your Cream album, check if there is a .cue file in the corresponding folder. If there is, delete it. Let me know if this works.
  25. Yesterday
  26. maxmp

Remember playback positions in tracks

Poweramp saves position when it's paused/stopped (normally). If there is sudden poweroff / app kill it's not possible to store position, unfortunately. Also, some tracks can't be seeked precisely due to (for example) VBR + missing seek table or broken seek table. Poweramp implements fast seek (that is, it can seek files fast and accurately provided seek table exists and correct, or files are CBR), as doing full file decoding just to accurately seek is not battery friendly (esp. for long files).
  1. Load more activity