AVRCP 1.3/1.4

I'll just get this out of the way now: Fantastic app. Love just about everything about it. How about we pour some gravy on top.

Adding AVRCP 1.3 or 1.4 support. It kills me that, had I an iPhone, I could see all my track metadata on my car receiver. But not with my Android phone. Being able to see the metadata while I'm driving without having to manipulate my phone would make it much safer too. Yea, that's it! Think of it as a safety feature. Adding AVRCP 1.3/1.4 is like adding airbags to Poweramp.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the request. Android's bluetooth stack (bluez) currently doesn't support anything beyond acrcp 1.0, so that's why no info is sent to bt devices like car units or SE MW600 or similar devices. While it's possible to implement own bt stack, it's a bit out of scope for PowerAMP. As soon as Android supports that, PowerAMP will support it too.

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks for the request. Android's bluetooth stack (bluez) currently doesn't support anything beyond acrcp 1.0, so that's why no info is sent to bt devices like car units or SE MW600 or similar devices. While it's possible to implement own bt stack, it's a bit out of scope for Poweramp. As soon as Android supports that, Poweramp will support it too.

now my milestone updated to android 2.2 have this feature now .....

and it can display the info to my MW600 now .....

but only works with the android built-in music player ~~~

hope Poweramp also support later :)

and ,i wish , if it can add the opiton to enable/disable the song info. display via bluetooth is better ~~~

because when i can disable the info. display , the battery for my mw600 can use longer play time ~~~

(sorry for my poor english , hope you understand :) )

• 8 months later...

Since Android 2.3 the song info is provided to bluetooth radio/headset with the stock player.

If this feature won't be implemented into 2.0, I hope it will be in Poweramp not later than 2.1.

This and several similar requests are open since at least beginning of the year, and yet nothing seems to have happened.

It doesn't even seem to be on the todo list. Please add this feature!

clincher

Sorry, it's not in 2.3 - these are OEM (closed non standard) extensions. It's not possible "just" add support for 3rd party player which playing outside stock media player, as it requires custom low level bluetooth socket implementation.

Thanks!

clincher

Sorry, it's not in 2.3 - these are OEM (closed non standard) extensions.

Oh, sorry. Thought this feature came with Android itself.

Anyway, do you see the possibility to add this feature, so that those phone who have the current AVRCP version can use it?

Anyway, do you see the possibility to add this feature, so that those phone who have the current AVRCP version can use it?

Yes, planned for PowerAMP v2.1, at least I will closely investigate all possible solutions for this (own BT socket implementation, or/and reuse of that closed API on motorolas and some other phones).

Thanks!

Yes, planned for Poweramp v2.1, at least I will closely investigate all possible solutions for this (own BT socket implementation, or/and reuse of that closed API on motorolas and some other phones).

Thanks!

It seems to work for me in the latest Cyanogenmod (with stock player not Poweramp), whereas it didn't work on my manufacturer branded software.

This link may be useful: http://review.cyanogenmod.com/#q,status:merged+project:CyanogenMod/android_external_bluetooth_bluez,n,z

Cheers,

SA

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I would just like to bump this feature request. Since CyanogenMod now officially supports AVRCP 1.3 and CM is the most popular after market firmware for Android phones I think it is good time to implement sending ID3 tags to A2DP adapters properly. I'm sure the official Android BT stack will catch up one day..

What is the dev's current stand on this?

I second that, Cyanogenmod (likely the most downloaded custom rom) now has AVRCP 1.3, it is just a matter for Poweramp to provide the ID3 tag like the stock player does, PLEASE implement this, a lot of people waiting for it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

FWIW - The BlueZ stack now supports AVRCP v1.3, it obviously needs to be updated on the devices for them to gain the support though.

The Samsung Galaxy S2 supports AVRCP v1.3 whether via BlueZ or their own implementation.

I have just posted this as a feature request but it sounds like it has been requested many many times before me. Personally, this is the only missing feature. I'd happily buy the product again (at full price) to have this feature added. If the developer needs anyone to test any early beta releases of this feature (I'm using a stock but rooted SGS2), I volunteer unreservedly!

• 3 weeks later...

Car: 2011 G37xS with Navigation

Phone:Sprint SGS2

App: Poweramp

First i want to say this is one of the best music apps in the market. I cant believe i missed a sale but hey best $5 spent :)

Original music app does show everything except time played (when i had my iPhone 4s for 2 weeks everything was showing including time played) i wish Poweramp would do same.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Just wanted to bump this to the top and see where we stood on this. Just got a new system in my car, and was dissapointed to find that Poweramp didn't support metadata information, but that the stock Android player did. Please don't make me go back to the stock Android player! ;)

It's supposed to work on ROMs based on CyanogenMod and AOKP (Android Open Kang Project). I guess it should also apply to other phones that use a similar AVRCP implementation if such phones exist. It will probably not work on phones using some sort of proprietary deviation from the standard. See http://www.aplayerpro.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=246&start=30

Sorry Max for discussing a competing product on your board but it's not exactly like you are demonstrating any intention to implement this in Poweramp...

EDIT: This is pretty awesome. Without much talk you implemented AVRCP tag sending and it works like a charm beginning build 508. Thanks a lot Max!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived