Lower volume on notifications (short audio focus change)

Hi

Poweramp is unquestionably the best music player app, but this has been bugging me:

When there is a notification, right now the player can either pause the currently playing song (which inexplicably bothers me), or it can keep playing normally (and maybe missing the notification)

A good idea would be to add an option to lower the song volume without pausing it, making it easier to hear the notification itself.

Maybe add a slider to allow us to select how low the volume should get?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I agree to this feature. I always listen to music while driving + Waze, and whenever Waze reports an incident or points to me my next navigation area, the music just stops.

I remember using Songza, and it just lowers the volume so that I can hear Waze notifications + the playing song. Might need to consider this, as it is a common feature for music players. :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

+1, would be really useful also in case of navigation instructions, i hate having my music paused for navigation instructions 

however it is the only option, since if it is not paused i can't hear my navigation app.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

+1, even getting a response on this issue would be good.  ONLY major problem I have with the player right now...

(Made a post in a newer topic about the subject, but thought I should bring up the larger topic instead and can't find a delete post button on the other one.  Sorry for the double bump though regardless)

• 3 months later...

I created a new thread on this not realizing there was already a thread on it.

All the other music apps have this feature already built in (google play music, pandora), why doesn't Poweramp?  Seems like it's such a standard thing to add. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I once opened a topic asking for the same a while ago (Registered on the forum just for asking for that)

[http://forum.powerampapp.com/index.php?/topic/6256-lower-volume-on-short-audio-focus-bluetooth-navigation-please-developer-answer/].

I've seen that there are many topics asking for the same. But the developers doesn't seem to have any interest on this. Some feedback from the devs would be nice at least.. 

I'm not sure if the Devs have abandoned the Poweramp proyect.. Or they just don't care. Still hope for some feedback (Some day)..

I dont get your problem guys...

In the settings there is an option to temporary pause the playback while a notification and continue playing afterwards.

For me its working fine :)

vsot4pyd.png

Yes, but this pauses the music playback. This sounds ugly but it's ok when there are not many shour audio focuses. But in case of using GPS and driving into a citty, the music is stopping every 2 seconds or less (wich is hell annoying) each time the GPS is saying where to go. So you would probably tell now to disable that feature. But with it dissabled the music doesn't stops, wich is ok, but it is too loud now to understand what the GPS is saying. In the stock players (or most of android players) the volume of the sound goes down by 50% or 75% so the music still continues on shor audio focuses but it is lower enaugh to understand what the GPS (or other short audio focus) app is saying.

Yes, but this pauses the music playback. This sounds ugly but it's ok when there are not many shour audio focuses. But in case of using GPS and driving into a citty, the music is stopping every 2 seconds or less (wich is hell annoying) each time the GPS is saying where to go. So you would probably tell now to disable that feature. But with it dissabled the music doesn't stops, wich is ok, but it is too loud now to understand what the GPS is saying. In the stock players (or most of android players) the volume of the sound goes down by 50% or 75% so the music still continues on shor audio focuses but it is lower enaugh to understand what the GPS (or other short audio focus) app is saying.

They're still active on Twitter, I just don't think they can find a direction that they want to take the app in.  I know personally it's (very) frustrating that this feature hasn't been added, as I have the same view as you do on it.  This also seems like an easy change to make, so I really don't know why it hasn't been added.

Earlier this week someone posted a new UI they designed for Poweramp, and the team was asking where it came from.  I told the guy that they did, and hopefully he got in touch with them to talk about his redesign.  So, they're at least thinking about it.  Personally, I'm getting too fed up with the lack of updates from the devs on this.  When the music player is top of the crop it was one thing, but now you have things like Shuttle out that have a modern UI and a dev who listens and tries to actively participate in putting out newer versions of their app.  I'll probably check out Poweramp when it hits 3.0, as whatever update they put out HAS to be great after literal years of waiting.  But for right now, I'm just sorta done with it

• 4 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Spotify does this as well, and it's much more pleasant to have the volume drop down a bit with small notifications, instead of having the music interrupted all the time.

How can we push to get this?  Publicize other alternative products that do have it?   PLEASE PLEASE ADD THIS!  Thank you!

Archived