Endless Music Jukebox / Party / Car mode [Solved]

Hi there,

It would be great to have an endless music mode where when Poweramp has run out of the current list/queue it lays something else

I'd really like a choice of:

• full library random (e.g. party mode)
  • sensible next choice - next song in album of last song, next album alphebetically. Nicer than full-random in the car IMO.
And obviouly the ability to go 'next' and skip the song its picked.

Would be safer than prodding at the screen trying to pick the next album when the music goes quiet in the car and useful in other scenarios!

The "party mode" is just "shuffle all available songs".

The other is just "advance list".

Both of these settings are available.

Thanks!

For any other people that come across this, pressing the 'repeat' button on the 'play' screen until it says advance list achieves this!

or pressing the shuffle button until it says shuffle all songs.

I guessed they were simple toggles rather than having 4 or 5 different modes!

You actually do want one of those extra modes for in the car... use "Shuttle Lists, Songs in Order" to randomise your album choice, but still play the songs within each album in the right order.

But I agree with your request that a single-tap on those icons might be nice to act as a toggle (CurrentMode > Off > CurrentMode), with a long-press being used to select the actual mode from a list of options (which is already supported in fact). Hope Max is listening... :)

Andre

You actually do want one of those extra modes for in the car... use "Shuttle Lists, Songs in Order" to randomise your album choice, but still play the songs within each album in the right order.

But I agree with your request that a single-tap on those icons might be nice to act as a toggle (CurrentMode > Off > CurrentMode), with a long-press being used to select the actual mode from a list of options (which is already supported in fact). Hope Max is listening... :)

Andre

I don't mind them how they are now really, just never twigged that they would have so many different modes - I guess I'm just used to those buttons only offering to repeat the current song/album and shuffle the current album. Should've known Poweramp would have more to offer :D

Unfortunately some of my albums have come tagged with CD1, CD2 or CD3 in the album name, so appear as seperate albums. Which means I probably won't use "shuffle lists, Songs in order" as I don't like starting an album from the middle :(

Archived