No Activity Found to Handle Intent

Munz

So I bought a android head unit from China and it seems to be denying Poweramp access to system files (both external USB and internal). When I head into Poweramp to select the music library files, it presents me with an "Enable" button for both the internal and external USB storage. When I press Enable on the internal storage, the "No activity found to handle intent" error message comes up. And when I try to press Enable on the USB device, it gives me "The folder selection system component seems to be missing/disabled/frozen on your device. Please enable the component" error. Enabling File Legacy Mode does not help and I've made sure to give Poweramp storage access. What's weird is that the head units custom built-in file explorer/manager app can view all the files just fine and play the music files through the default built-in music player. I've tried installing the Google Files app but even Google Files can't access the USB storage device (it gives me an "Access Denied" error). Obviously, there is something on the Android 11 head unit that's blocking storage access for downloaded apps. I have tried uninstalling/reinstalling Poweramp and factory resetting the head unit. No luck. Does anyone have a workaround for something like this? Open to any ideas. 

3 hours ago, Munz said:

What's weird is that the head units custom built-in file explorer/manager app can view all the files just fine and play the music files through the default built-in music player.

Sounds like they have heavily modified the base Android OS to only permit their file browser and player to function. Just because it runs on Android doesn't mean they have given you full access to install apps. The same even happens with some portable digital audio players. Have you contacted the manufacturer for support on this?

@andrewilley I did try installing the DocumentsUI application. It installed successfully but the app would crash as soon as I tried to open it. So I never got it working either. Weird thing is, when I went to press the "Enable" button in Poweramp, it would try to open the DocumentsUI app but, like I said before, the app would not open and would crash right away. 

@MotleyG Yes. It does seem like this is the case. I reached out to the manufacturer and am waiting on a response. It's weird because I can install any application from the Google Play Store without any issue. It's just having issues letting installed apps dive into internal and external files. I reached out on here hoping someone would have a workaround for this or know of a way for Poweramp to use the native file explorer app on the device instead of it trying to use DocumentsUI to get file information. 

@andrewilley When I activate legacy mode, I can see all the interal files AND select them. However, my USB device (Music) is still disabled and I can't enable it. I keep getting the no activity found to handle intent error. What is weird is that I just installed VLC player and it successfully loaded all the music from the USB stick. Very weird. 

P_20230110_163732.jpg

Never figured this out. It's unfortunate because I used Poweramp for years. Ended up going with another offline music player application that was successful in scanning my storage device. It was obviously something not aligning between my Android system and the way Poweramp scans storage.