Volume Controls on player screen

Cryceratops

Hello there, new user.

I just started using Poweramp after coming to Android from iOS, so far I think it's a tremendous app, tons of great options and customizability, but the one problem like many Android apps seem to have is no volume slider on the main screen. I know there is a volume knob in the EQ settings but I think adding a knob or slider on the main player screen would be great for those of us who don't want to press the hardware buttons all the time, it would not be difficult to implement as an option. Also, perhaps the ability to slide up and down on the album art to increase the volume and decrease. Anyway, great app aside from that so far, I will probably be buying the full version! Thanks.

A BIG volume control on the main player page would be great. 

However sliding up/down/left/right on art as suggested will NOT do, because it conflicts with the already stablished way of change songs.

But...there's rom for a big fader to the right or left of the art ,specially on tablets and big phones.

How about an option to include volume at the right of the art and tone or EQ preset bottons on the left. I know that in my Nexus 7 there is plenty of unused room there.

Or how about an optional floating configurable panel with (for example) volume and preset buttons over the player.

All of this just to avoid having to switch pages  to change volume and eq, (a real need because of the constant inconsistency in loudness and tone of different songs)

However sliding up/down/left/right on art as suggested will NOT do, because it conflicts with the already stablished way of change songs.

Not necessarily. Look up the app CarTunes, for iOS. They have implemented it beautifully. You hold on the album art for half a second, and it triggers the volume ability to slide up/down. Otherwise, a swipe up/down without the initial hold will just cycle through the music as usual. I think a feature like that would be perfect.

• 1 year later...

I've been asking for ages for a few different feature options for the up/down and left/right album art swipe actions. Currently it's just an on/off toggle for track changing and list changing, both of which have perfectly good buttons in the main control area already so are just duplications of exiting functionality.

I'd suggest up/down and left/right be selectable from a few options, including:

Volume control

Skip by user-selectable periods (e.g. to allow 10 seconds forward/backward for left/right swipes, and 60 seconds moves for up/down)

Track change (next/previous track)

List change (e.g. next/previous album or folder)

I'm sure there are other possibilities too, maybe a better (incremental-movement) timeline scrub feature?

Andre

• 6 years later...
On 3/17/2015 at 5:30 PM, andrewilley said:

I've been asking for ages for a few different feature options for the up/down and left/right album art swipe actions. Currently it's just an on/off toggle for track changing and list changing, both of which have perfectly good buttons in the main control area already so are just duplications of exiting functionality.

I'd suggest up/down and left/right be selectable from a few options, including:

Volume control

Skip by user-selectable periods (e.g. to allow 10 seconds forward/backward for left/right swipes, and 60 seconds moves for up/down)

Track change (next/previous track)

List change (e.g. next/previous album or folder)

I'm sure there are other possibilities too, maybe a better (incremental-movement) timeline scrub feature?

Andre

i would like to change the main menu as volume knob and the album art to be used for the functions of the main menu.