Bookmark feature within trackless albums and podcasts

7ACIL

I listen to a lot of mixtapes and podcasts, sometimes live sets that avg 1-3 hours per set. 

It would be great to have a feature that allows me to "bookmark" certain spots within the set I can jump to without having to rewind or forward to find my favorite points within the set.

Thank you!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Yes it would indeed be wonderful. I (and others) have been asking for this, and a few other little features to help with navigation for longer tracks, for several years now, but as everything on the subject seems to get ignored, to be honest I'm getting close to the point of giving up. :(

Andre

• 2 weeks later...

I often use Poweramp to listen to audio books when travel by bus or getting car rides, most often it is not possible to finish the whole book in one bus or car ride.

In the next restart of the Android (or next Poweramp session), it is very difficult and time consuming to find the last played audio portion by browsing backward/forward.

In case of audio books having multiple chapters (audio files), I must write down the name of the played file!

If Poweramp provides one audio bookmark by playlist (or a limit number of bookmarks), it will attract many people who are interested in listening to audio books (stories, language learning).

I need the bookmark feature for listening audio books (all subjects). Trying to locate the audio section in the last listening session in order to continue on long stories ( or language lessons) without this feature is time consuming and frustrating!

• 3 weeks later...

M Hm please add this. I often split my books into 15 minute chunks, but it's still annoying. Otherwise I just jot down he file and time in a note and stick it to my homescreen, or just remember the time. I think Poweramp is awesome, but i was surprisd to not see this. Why not just have the program write a tiny bookmark file when stopping or pausing, and store it in the files' folder, or in the Poweramp data/obb folder?

• 4 weeks later...

People who want this feature, instead of just reading this request, you should post a reply at least with a few word "I WANT IT TOO".

With your response/reply/comment/feadback, Poweramp may be aware of your need.

:rolleyes:

----------

This subject was raised in more than 3 separated posts at different dates and with slightly different titles. I did submit the above reply once in each of the original post.

It looks like the web master has merged the original postings in this one. As such all my replies were bundle in here. Normal member (like me) could edit the old posting but there is no way to delete it (in this case to purge the annoying duplicate posting).

SO SORRY to have Unintentional duplicate posting in this subject.

People who want this feature, instead of just reading this request, you should post a reply at least with a few word "I WANT IT TOO".

----------

This subject was raised in more than 3 separated posts at different dates and with slightly different titles. I did submit the above reply once in each of the original post.

It looks like the web master has merged the original postings in this one. As such all my replies were bundle in here. Normal member (like me) could edit the old posting but there is no way to delete it (in this case to purge the annoying duplicate posting).

SO SORRY to have Unintentional duplicate posting in this subject.

Audio files, even in streaming mode, are played in blocks (memory buffer, chunk). It is difficult and not neccessary to bookmark at byte, word or 64-bit boundary but bookmarking (remembering) by saving the last played block number (buffer number) is not so hard.

• 9 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I stopped using Poweramp years ago because of this. RocketPlayer and GMMP Player both have different ways of bookmarking tracks and are very good music players. I prefer RocketPlayer mainly because it -- plus iSyncr -- works better with my Mac. I like to check in on Poweramp now and then, however, to see if they've gotten their act together yet. It's a great player otherwise.

Archived