Back button should return to "now playing" screen

KleptoMan

Agreed, how about it Max?

You can use the little 'Back to Player' icon to the left of the Folders/Library tab controls to get there, but personally I'm a physical button kind of guy - if there's something real to press, I'd prefer to do that. :) I do wish Android manufacturers would stop trying to make phones more like iPhones (such as reducing the number of tactile physical controls) - there's a reason I didn't go with Apple, so please don't feel you need emulate them!

Andre

• 9 months later...

Don't get me wrong, I love this application and would never opt out for a different one, but the one thing that always irritates me is that the back button closes the application instead of simply going back to track list from now playing and from there to albums/artists/playlists etc. We already have a home button to close the app and that added functionality for the back button would be helpful (Even if it was just an option in settings)

This functionality would be be greatly appreciated by a lot of people (I feel) and would simply be the icing on the cake

I though that this would be a good function for the button at bottom-lift on the player screen. As it stands, it just goes back to Folders or Albums. Goign back to the last folder/playlist/etc. you were at would be neat. Or at least have an option to configure this.

Agreed. And if you've tapped from the Player screen to check the songs in the current folder, the Back button should return you straight to the Player screen rather than going up a layer to the folders list. This has been asked for many times (along with a load of other minor enhancements) for years though, and no signs of anything being implemented yet.

Andre

• 11 months later...

+1 for this. Unlike Dylie, I DID opt for a different one (shuttle+ beta) partially because of the unintuitive back button behaviour. Please could we have Dylie's suggestion? The current behaviour doesn't confirm to prescribed android UI guidelines (AFAIK) and because it behaves unlike the rest of the ecosystem, it's exceedingly hard to learn to use it differently. Thanks!

(this would also negate the need for the up button in the top left I believe?)

this is probably redundant now there's the mini "now playing" button in the top left (which is well conceived/designed, nice work), but the request here is opposite to what others have asked for elsewhere (Dylie's post) for the back button to go up a level, as the up icon currently does.

Archived