Exclude Song or Album from Shuffle-All, Remove song without Delete from SD

skingolf

Is it possible to implement a feature by which the user could designate an album or song to NOT be included in the shuffle-all mode? I have a few polkas, holiday music, instrumentals that I don't want to hear regularly and they keep popping up when shuffling all (I know, I can skip it, but that is inconvenient when driving or cutting grass). Also, in that same vein, it would be nice to be able to remove a song from the PA library WITHOUT deleting it from the SD card. Please share your thoughts.

Is it possible to implement a feature by which the user could designate an album or song to NOT be included in the shuffle-all mode? I have a few polkas, holiday music, instrumentals that I don't want to hear regularly and they keep popping up when shuffling all (I know, I can skip it, but that is inconvenient when driving or cutting grass). Also, in that same vein, it would be nice to be able to remove a song from the PA library WITHOUT deleting it from the SD card. Please share your thoughts.

then why using shuffle all ? using queue / playlist and shuffle the song in the list can help u

It is too time consuming to build a playlist containing all songs except the 10-20 albums (out of about 450) I want skipped (especially since you'd have to add new music to the playlist every time you buy new music). Also, right now, on my phone PA cannot keep a playlist from going missing unless it is exported (another cumbersome step). This is a well-documented bug. I like to shuffle just about my entire library, except for the aforementioned 10-20 albums full of specialty music. Seems like a simple concept.

• 2 weeks later...

Can't you put all of those specialty songs in folders and then just uncheck those folders in the Music Folders section in settings?

That is exactly what would help and if you want to play them latter on just check it in Poweramp settings=>Folders and Library => Music Folders

I'm not suggesting there is no workaround, only that it is not optimal. Yes, that works, but it is cumbersome to have to do that. I end up playing them with stock player instead so I don't have to keep re-adding/removing specialty songs in a folder from PA library. But I'd rather use PA all the time - much better sound/features.

Quite, just need an option to define which songs should not be added to the all-songs shuffle list (e.g.concept or classical albums where the tracks flow into one and other, audiobooks/podcasts/radio shows, etc). A by-folder exclusion list would be the simplest, but also using genre tags (optional of course) could be another possible solution.

Andre

I just want to second this. I hate having all of these stupid ringtones mixed in with my music, but I do not want to delete them. I tried using the enqueue option, but as stated already, it takes FOREVER. I also don't like the exclude a specific folder work-around, that can almost be just as much if not more of a hassle especially if you just want to exclude a certain album for a while. There should be a place in the app called the "shelf". You can long press an album or song and have the option of "putting it on the shelf". It will put those files aside unless you go to the shelf to add them back into the library.

We're going to improve "exclusion" from Poweramp Folders (you'll be able to exclude any unwanted folder from Folders view directly via Folder context menu) - this is settled for 2.1, but for All songs, I'm not sure if we can easily keep track of such excluded files. We can try though. Per-track context menu, though, can be gigantic this way.

Thanks!

We're going to improve "exclusion" from Poweramp Folders (you'll be able to exclude any unwanted folder from Folders view directly via Folder context menu)

Excellent, so when I'm looking though my folders list, I'll just be able to select a context menu option of "Exclude folder from Shuffle". Sounds perfect, can't wait! Will it include any sub-folders too by the way? (For example, if I exclude my "Podcasts" folder, will it also exclude anything from the dozen or so sub-folders in there also?)

Andre

• 8 years later...

Archived