Import Favorites from m3u Playlist

Hi everyone.

I'm fairly new to Poweramp. I finally decided to change my default music player for Poweramp, so I exported my favorite songs from the old player, and I want to import them to Poweramp with no success so far. I've been exploring the available options, but it seems there's not a straight way to do it. What I've tried:

1) Try to add them by going to Library -> Favorites section -> Three dot menu

2) Going through Setting -> Library -> Playlists -> Import System Playlists

Am I missing something?

Thank you.

You can't import music files by using Playlists, the actual audio files need to be already on your device and have been scanned into PA's Music Library (to configure, use Settings=>Library=>Music Folders) before you can start using an M3U file which can then access those files. The filename and final-level folder name must remain the same as the names quoted in the playlist.

Andre

Hi, Andre, and thank you for your response. Sorry for the confusion:

My music files are already in the new phone, and I have created a M3U playlist (my favorites) pointing locally to those files. My true problem lies while trying to convert that M3U playlist into the internal "Favorites" playlist in PA by performing a bulk operation.

Does that even make sense in PA?

Thank you.

If I got it right, what you are trying to do is to convert a m3u playlist into a Poweramp internal playlist? If so, then just long tap on the m3u in Poweramp and hit the "+" in the pop up menu and create a new Playlist.

If the issue is that you can't see the playlists in PA, then you need to make sure that the Playlists are in a directory scanned into the library.

That's exactly right. I want my m3u list to become my internal "favorites" playlist in PA. I tried your suggestion (long press over the m3u) but I can't really see an option for that.

(I'm attaching a screenshot; sorry, my native language is spanish)

SmartSelect_20240826_130850_Poweramp.jpg

Tap the "+" Lista de reprod. and create a new playlist called favorites, that will add the content of the m3u playlist into a Poweramp internal playlist. Once this is done, then you can delete the m3u version.

Aha, sorry, I misunderstood you, I believed that you wanted to change a m3u playlist into a Poweramp internal playlist. Some users prefers that as it hides the m3u extension in the list of Playlists.

What you are asking about is the Bookmarks category, a feature that I have never used. I think this was meant for making Bookmarks in audio files or longer songs so that you could easily jump back to a particular part of a book or track.

You wrote that you are migrating to Poweramp from some other player and you would like to import that into Poweramp. Could you tell us what you exported from which player, that can help us to see if it's possible to do what you are trying to do.

@flyingdutchman can your Playlist manager deal with Bookmarks?