Add the option to disable 'Tone' alone

Go to solution Solved by andrewilley,

Hi, I'd like to inform you that I have been trying to apply Peq using oratory1990's measurements but sooner rather than later I noticed that the toggle to turn off Tone was no longer there in the latest build 982. Please add the option to disable Tone back again. 

Edited by Imdeeplife

The Tone knobs are turned on/off at the same time as enabling/disabling the other EQ features (band sliders). If you want to have no Tone adjustments but still use EQ settings, just set both knobs to zero.

This has been the case for the EQ app since it was first released - only the Music Player app's equalization screen has a separate button to enable/disable Tone independently.

Andre

Thanks for your quick resolution, but am I missing out on something, as you mentioned I tried setting all the Tone knobs to zero, but they are so stubborn that by any means they are not willing to have zero as their values. The minimum values that can be set successfully is attached in the image uploaded below. 

Please enlighten me if I'm doing anything wrong. 

Screenshot_20240126_054258.jpg

1 hour ago, Imdeeplife said:

Please enlighten me if I'm doing anything wrong. 

These are not the tone levels. These are the settings for which frequency and Q that those two bands adjust. There is no zero for either of these adjustments.

To adjust the actual levels, you need to be on the EQ page, not in the settings.

• Solution

Sorry about that, I thought it was fairly clear when I said "If you want to have no Tone adjustments just set both knobs to zero".  No need to start digging into the underlying range configuration settings, just set the main Bass and Treble knobs to 0%.

Andre

That's ok, it's completely fine. I understand it maybe hard at times for a geeky to be unsophisticated and lame at the same time for a dimwit like me 😉

Kudos to you all! You're doing a great job, keep building👍