Deleted Ratings

Hi,

I use Poweramp for listening and rating songs, and then I create liked/disliked folders for each artists on my hard drive disk. So ratings feature is really important for me. But sometimes when I open PA, I suddenly see all the ratings are gone. I didn't replace my songs folder or anything. I didn't understand what's the thing that goes wrong. And can I bring my ratings back?

Great app's great dev. Thank you.

Poweramp saves Ratings in its local music database, linked as references to the exact path & filename of each song. It does not embed anything into the audio files themselves. If the paths or the filenames change (which can potentially happen with Android, especially with SD Cards) then it's possible that the database needed to be rebuilt - but old ratings would no longer be associated with the 'new' songs' paths/filenames.

Have you made a backup of your Poweramp setup using PA Settings=>Export Settings/Data ? If so, you can restore just specific elements (such as ratings) using the corresponding Import Settings/Data command which will try to match with any updated storage locations.

Andre

@İbrahim Yiğit recent Poweramp builds are able to backup everything via Settings / Export data. This includes ratings. Please note that restoring data (for example, on the new phone) will require first restoring (uploading) the folders/songs on the device, so the backup restore procedure is able to identify the tracks. Tracks identification is based on the last folder and track file name.

@İbrahim Yiğit track ratings and other statistics stored in Poweramp database. If database (Poweramp data) is cleared/removed or Poweramp is reinstalled, ratings are lost. If you move tracks from folders to folders, change Music Folder settings so folders are unchecked/removed, ratings and stats also lost for those tracks as they are not in Poweramp database anymore.

@İbrahim Yiğit there is no any code which may mass change ratings except the actions (reinstall, folders change, etc.) as described above and #2 described below. So there are two way to keep/restore/mass change ratings:

1. the backup functionality
2. exporting/importing file based playlist. Poweramp adds ratings there AND it also reads ratings from the playlist if they are specified. This is controlled by "Import Ratings" option, which is by default ON. Make sure you don't have some playlist with (zero) ratings, or disable the option.