Recently added Albums

Funkz

13 hours ago, Funkz said:

Is there any way to show recently added albums, instead of listing as recently added tracks? 

From the Library home you can go in the Albums category and there from the 3-dots-menu you can select List Options -> Sort: by date added to Library

3 hours ago, andrewilley said:

@Kundun It still only bases that on underlying track added data, not actually 'album added'. May well be the same thing in a lot of cases though.

Andre

I don't see the distinction here, do you mean that if I add some tracks of an album on the n day and then after that I add other tracks of the same album on the n+x day then the album will still be sorted as added on the n day? Isn't it how it should behave?

37 minutes ago, Kundun said:

I don't see the distinction here, do you mean that if I add some tracks of an album on the n day and then after that I add other tracks of the same album on the n+x day then the album will still be sorted as added on the n day? Isn't it how it should behave?

The point is albums are not added. The tracks (each file) are, regardless of the album. If you add some on different dates, those tracks will be defined by those dates.

On 9/20/2021 at 3:00 PM, Funkz said:

Is there any way to show recently added albums, instead of listing as recently added tracks? 

You can do this if you use the Artist/Album(s)/Track(s) file structure. When you add an album you would create a new folder with the name of the album for that folder name. Then in the Folder List options set the sort method to "By date added/modified" Filesystem date/time and check the Reverse box. Now when you view by Folder it will be in album most recently added order.