Best equalizer for rock & metalcore genres?

imso3k

The built-in rock equalizer sounds kinnda off with my recent headphones, I just got the Moondrop Starfield IEMs and I really want to tune the eq as best as I can for it, I listen to bands like Linkin Park, Architects some MGK (which is like, different genre every album) etc.

Thank you.

• 1 month later...

I think the values are being manually input, just following the profiles downloaded.

But I believe this is a very personal adjustment. Even if the headphones are identical, every device has different hardware. So the results will always vary. Like a skin, i would start with a flat response, and make minor adjustments as necessary to get the sound you want.

Edited by MotleyG

On 6/10/2021 at 1:41 AM, imso3k said:

The built-in rock equalizer sounds kinnda off with my recent headphones, I just got the Moondrop Starfield IEMs and I really want to tune the eq as best as I can for it, I listen to bands like Linkin Park, Architects some MGK (which is like, different genre every album) etc.

Thank you.

I use already available profiles or download some from the internet. Then just tune it myself.

54 minutes ago, andrewilley said:

The .txt file can be imported now, but you currently have to download it from the AutoEQ site yourself.

Andre

ok, found it finally by reading the release notes carefully. By long pressing a preset the dialog appears. Not the most intuitive way to import though but once you know ....

pretty amazing . Simply looking at the profile on the left gives you an idea of the preset effect

image.thumb.png.ead637cda298bd2a3c8f64b089a158eb.png