PA 899 showing Multiple tracks

invaderzim

First, thanks Max for the new PA update. I manually installed the apk, cleared cache as usual, then noticed tracks in an album are shown in multiple but when played, they will all be highlighted. Did a full rescan a few times, rebooted phone, still the same. I do not want to try uninstalling/installing PA, btw.

Device: realme 5 Pro

Android 10 Stock ROM

Screenshot_2021-03-11-12-40-49-81_345bb2134bfb84a7decceb0b36861421.jpg

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, invaderzim said:

Screenshot_2021-03-11-12-40-49-81_345bb2134bfb84a7decceb0b36861421.jpg

This not a bug report or bug confirmation. I just want help from you.

What are the settings to show the track details (5 items) on right side of the tracks as seen on your screenshot ? In my case only track duration and type (mp3) are there.

45 minutes ago, PChwdhry said:

What are the settings to show the track details (5 items) on right side of the tracks as seen on your screenshot ? In my case only track duration and type (mp3) are there.

That will automatically show depending on your tracks. In my case, the tracks were 96 kHz and 24 bit. That is how the album was ripped. Otherwise, on regular tracks ripped as 16 bit, 44.1 kHz, those details will be hidden. Your MP3 files are the latter.

I can't see this duplicated tracks issue on my phone.

Is this only with one album, or are all albums doing it? Are all the tracks saved all separate files, with no CUE files present? (Max mentioned adjusting CUE behaviour, just wondering if that's possibly related). Do the duplicated tracks show in Folders view too, or just in Albums view (and presumably in Artists/etc too, when you drill down)?

Andre

@Sabrina Thomas  So per your screenshot, have you got both comma and ampersand set as artist separators? I've steered clear of using those symbols as there would be too many false matches - "Earth, Wind & Fire" etc. 

@invaderzim Your screenshot contains no multiple-artist songs as far as I can see, so I assume your issue is not quite the same as the other posters?

I still can't seem to duplicate this though, even with songs with multiple split artists. I've tried going in from the Artists category and drilling down, or using the Albums category directly. I wonder if there's some other PA setting common to the people experiencing this issue? (I'm using a Samsung A70, Android 10, but I really doubt something like this will be device-specific)

Andre

I can confirm. If I add an artist seperator in settings and do a full rescan, this bug appears and it only affects the track(s) that have the artist selector.

IMG_20210311_170806.thumb.jpg.451fe5ddb39e5862665efb4e59edcb9b.jpg

IMG_20210311_170854.thumb.jpg.9bc2be70253a5054ce3ce6cd9d2c746f.jpg

Removing that artist separator from settings, and doing a full rescan, makes Poweramp return to normal behaviour, I should add.

34 minutes ago, Sabrina Thomas said:

@andrewilley Songs appear multiple times in the recently added and all songs only. Everything is fine in the albums for some reason. 

I can now duplicate that. I see duplicated entries for any multiple-artist songs in All Songs, Recently Added, Recently Played, Most Played and Album Artists.

However the songs show correctly in Folders, Artists, and Albums.

The problem was originally reported (e.g. by @maestro30k ) as being in Albums view, and specifically not in All Songs view, hence my confusion at the slight red herring. Or maybe there are two variants of this problem - I suspect there may be a separate issue (maybe relating to CUE files?) as @invaderzim seems to be reporting a slightly different issue.

Andre

1 hour ago, andrewilley said:

I can now duplicate that. I see duplicated entries for any multiple-artist songs in All Songs, Recently Added, Recently Played, Most Played and Album Artists.

However the songs show correctly in Folders, Artists, and Albums.

The problem was originally reported (e.g. by @maestro30k ) as being in Albums view, and specifically not in All Songs view, hence my confusion at the slight red herring. Or maybe there are two variants of this problem - I suspect there may be a separate issue (maybe relating to CUE files?) as @invaderzim seems to be reporting a slightly different issue.

Andre

Hi Andre, I was checking earlier those multiple (duplicate) tracks in Album Artist category as my usual go-to. My albums have CUE files but Parse CUE Files is disabled from the start. I reverted to 893 for now.

2 hours ago, andrewilley said:

Your screenshot contains no multiple-artist songs as far as I can see, so I assume your issue is not quite the same as the other posters?

You are right Andre, this might be a different bug. While on Album Artist category, the screenshot I sent, by the way had no CUE file as I just checked now. I had not tinkered with the new feature re the separators. I just instantly saw those duplicated tracks after the update.

4 hours ago, invaderzim said:

Hi Andre, I was checking earlier those multiple (duplicate) tracks in Album Artist category as my usual go-to.

I didn't originally look in the Album Artist category, I was testing in Albums as that's what you had first mentioned (and Albums does not seem to be affected).

But yes, having checked further, the Album Artist category seems to show this effect particularly badly, with as many as 13 duplicate entries for songs that have multiple artists listed:

image.png

So probably this is one issue, which has nothing to do with CUE files.

Andre

5 minutes ago, invaderzim said:

I tried playing 1 track from those highlighted ones and PA will treat them as individual songs. 

I know, I tried playing the War of the Worlds album (13 tracks) and on the player screen it showed as having 169 tracks to go... :)

Andre

Same here, multiple tracks showing up on All Songs. Symbols used to split are ; // feat. ft. w/

The number of times it is duplicated seems to be number of artists of the track plus one. I think it shows the track each time for every artist (including one for multi-artist).

Piggybacking on this, the artist's images is also kind of broken. Artists who are part of multi-artists track seem to have the same image. Looking into the com.maxmpzaudioplayer/files/artist_art/ folder, I saw that the "same image" file was named <Artist1>_ <Artist2>.jpg. I tried setting the image manually for both the artists, but it does not do so. A file <Artist1>.jpg and <Artist2>.jpg do get saved in com.maxmpz.audioplayer/files/selected_artist/. I have checked to make sure Storage permissions are allowed. Artist images for single-artist track works fine.

Version/Changelog: build-899-arm64-play [899004-6b777921]
Device Model: Samsung Galaxy S10e
Android Version: Android 11 / OneUI 3.1

Can confirm it works fine in Folders, Artists and Albums. Other views has the duplication bug. For me it happens even when there is only one artist, and I see no real clue as to why some tracks are duplicated more times than others. All tracks in the same album shows the same amount of times though. It happens on both my Xperia 5 II and my old Xperia XZ1. Downgrading to build 893 solved the issue for me.

Archived