PA 899 showing Multiple tracks

invaderzim

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the report, this is only for Album Artists category - fixed for the next beta. All related Album art issues are fixed too (though, fix enforces usage of album artist tag for covers - that can change covers / require redownloading).

6 hours ago, maxmp said:

Thanks for the report, this is only for Album Artists category - fixed for the next beta.

The duplicated songs problem seems to occur in lots of categories, not just Album Artists. I've found it in most places except for Folders, ArtistsAlbums, GenresYears, Composers and Playlists.

There may be others, but I've checked and found the issue in All Songs, Recently Added, Recently Played, Most Played and Album Artists, where generally each added Artist name adds one extra duplicate of the song - so for example there would be a total of three entries shown for a track which has two artist names. For some reason it seems worse in Album Artists though, where even simple tracks with just one Artist name are getting duplicated up to 50-100 times.

Andre

11 hours ago, Sou1forged said:

For me it happens even when there is only one artist

6 minutes ago, GeilerHeinz said:

I can confirm that.

Does this issue with one-artist songs only occur the Album Artists category, or in (for example) All Songs or Recently Played too? For me, Album Artists is massively worse than the other categories, in that everywhere else the duplication issue only occurs with multiple-artist songs.  

Andre

I feel like the winner here! I suddenly have 1192 tracks in Genesis Invisible Touch which normally has 8 tracks, so each track is repeated 149 times... Track one is 3:29, will take some time to get to the second track...

Quickly adding in, I can confirm I also have this issue basically everywhere.  For me it seems proportional to the number of artists.  I have a collab called "We Don't Play" with like 13 artists or something, and it's duplicated that many times + 1.  Same goes for the rest.  Interestingly it also affects shuffling, so it will *always* play through all the dupes before it gets to the next song, even in shuffle mode.  Super odd.  Anyway, hopefully Max can get a fix out soon.

Archived