Steering Wheel Controls

soljarag

Please specify the following:

• Poweramp build number:   I just downloaded it from App store
  • your device model:  lexus_mrw1920x720    (android head unit)
  • your Android version: Nougat (7.0)
  • your custom ROM name/version: alps/c200_en/c200_en:5.1.1/JOP40D/1524551747:user/testkeys

Hello,

I just purchased PA, and when I press on the track up/down button on my steering wheel, I hear a beep, but it doesn't change tracks.

when I view the "last commands"  I see it is recognizing I pressed the buttons but not sure why it isn't changing the tracks.... Any help would be great! Thanks!

17:51:49.103 PSMediaButtonReceiver android.intent.action.MEDIA_BUTTON
KEYCODE_MEDIA_PREVIOUS ACTION_DOWN name=Virtual source=0x0 sources=0x301 virt=true repeat=0 actionTime=307135 playerState=1
==================
17:51:50.927 PSMediaButtonReceiver android.intent.action.MEDIA_BUTTON
KEYCODE_MEDIA_NEXT ACTION_DOWN name=Virtual source=0x0 sources=0x301 virt=true repeat=0 actionTime=308958 playerState=1
==================
17:52:18.598 PSMediaButtonReceiver android.intent.action.MEDIA_BUTTON
KEYCODE_MEDIA_PREVIOUS ACTION_DOWN name=Virtual source=0x0 sources=0x301 virt=true repeat=0 actionTime=336629 playerState=1
==================
17:52:18.856 PSMediaButtonReceiver android.intent.action.MEDIA_BUTTON
KEYCODE_MEDIA_PREVIOUS ACTION_DOWN name=Virtual source=0x0 sources=0x301 virt=true repeat=0 actionTime=336888 playerState=1
==================
17:52:19.908 PSMediaButtonReceiver android.intent.action.MEDIA_BUTTON
KEYCODE_MEDIA_PREVIOUS ACTION_DOWN name=Virtual source=0x0 sources=0x301 virt=true repeat=0 actionTime=337936 playerState=1
==================
17:52:20.144 PSMediaButtonReceiver android.intent.action.MEDIA_BUTTON
KEYCODE_MEDIA_PREVIOUS ACTION_DOWN name=Virtual source=0x0 sources=0x301 virt=true repeat=0 actionTime=338176 playerState=1
==================

Your device appears to be only sending KEYCODE ACTION_DOWN events (i.e. telling PA that a button has been pressed) but it does not seem to be correctly issuing a follow-up ACTION_UP event which tells PA that the button has been released, which allows the activity to be processed. As far as PA is concerned from this log, the button is being held down permanently.

Andre

I would have thought it would be technically possible for Max to create a PA option which overrides correct button behaviour and treats ACTION_DOWN on its own as the trigger for an action, but it would need to be enabled with caution as that setting would break any long-press options that a device might support.

The proper answer is for the manufacturers of the device to correct their firmware of course, but for a pre-installed car headunit that might be an uphill battle.

Andre

yeah, I just sent a email to the manufacturer  .. I give it a 5% chance they will fix it.   I hope PA will add this option, I really like the look of this player!!

I only know python, so I don't think I can figure out how to modify the firmware

Thanks!

I just noticed there is an API....  do you think this is something I "could" implement with the API?    Basically I just need to have the UP command triggered whenever it detects a DOWN command....

Like I said I never have developed for Android, but I'm not shy about learning

Archived