Problem with Chronecast

CSJ

I have three audio Chromecast devices. However Poweramp only finds two of them. This is consistent across three Android devices: Huawei table, ZTE tablet, and Pixel 4a phone. Other music player apps on those devices do find and play to all three. Why doesn't Poweramp find all three? 

The settings are as you suggested.

Playing devices - Huawei M5 Lite, ZTE tablet, Google Pixel 4A

On all these devices Poweramp does not recognize one of three audio Chromecasts. It is the same Chromecast for all three devices

GoneMAD, Media Monkey, roon  and the default music player all recognize all three devices

The question is not why doesn't Poweramp recognize Chromecast, the question is why doesn't Poweramp recognize one particular Chromecast when it recognizes others.

All three Chromecasts are exactly the same and have the same settings. Note that Poweramp fails to recognize the Chromecast in question even when  the device playing Poweramp (M5, ZTE or 4a) is right next to the Chromecast.

What is the software version of the Chromecast unit that Poweramp cannot see? Is it different from the other two? Physical distance is irrelevant, the connection is via your local wi-fi WLAN. It might be worth unpairing the rogue device from your network and then re-connecting it?

Andre

The firmware version of all three Chromecast units are the same. As far as I can tell, all the settings for all three units are the same, except for those that should differ (MAC address and IP address which differ on all three). What is so different about Poweramp that it won't recognize a Chromecast unit that is recognized - and played to - by other music player apps on the same phone or tablet?

You say all three chromecast devices are identical, and with identical firmware, but the same two are always shown in PA's list and the third one is always omitted? Clutching at straws here, but what happens if you unpair the troublesome one and re-connect it to your network as a fresh device with a different name?

Otherwise I think we might need @maxmp to help us out with this one.

Andre

You'll appreciate that since the unit that Poweramp doesn't recognize works just fine with many other players I am unwilling to disrupt things just to see if Poweramp would recognize it. It would be better if Poweramp were usable with all Chromecasts, but I can live with another player if it isn't.

Archived