Albumart does not change on casting screen

Album art is automatically changes for audiostreams but it doesnt changes on android casting screen. its stuck with the first album art , but song tags are changing accordingly

Redmi K20 Pro

Miui

Android TV

Edited by roman_in_moscow
to add phone details

Are you talking about Chromecast - so the album art updates correctly on the local app screen on your phone, but not on the Chromecast device screen? Are these embedded images (inside the music files) or auto-downloaded artwork?

Andre

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry, I assumed by audio streams you were referring to streaming MP3 local files from your device to Chromecast, hence my question about embedded artwork in the files.

Does this problem occur with local MP3 files too, or just with radio streaming URLs - which I always find a bit patchy when it comes to displaying artwork anyway, but if they do send accurate track/artist info then PA should be able to get images for each song.

[Edit] I've just checked your stream, and it displays the first song image correctly for me, but it does not change when the station sends out new track information. The title/artist names update on the Chromecast screen as expected, but the CC screen doesn't display updated cover artwork once the phone has downloaded it.

@maxmp A couple of other things I noticed while testing this:

First, when a streaming URL does broadcast Title and Artist details, PA shows them transposed onto the wrong lines, e.g:
image.png

Second, I don't think it's a good idea to permanently save cover artwork for individual songs played via streaming URLs. Just during my brief testing session, PA added about 5Mb of new JPG image files to my com.maxmpz.audioplayer/files/album_art folder. With regular listening, it won't take too long for that folder to get significantly bloated with images that most likely will never be accessed again as they only apply to a specific song that happened to be playing on the radio.

Andre

• 6 months later...
52 minutes ago, princestark said:

@andrewilley @andrewilley Hi , i am very concerned about my issue getting ignored by development team. Can anyone fix this issue please

Are you talking about this post, with Chromecast album art? Or the only other post you actually ever made regarding album art when streaming a URL? Either way a direct reply from the developer (single person, not team) may not come any time soon. There are plenty of ideas, suggestions, and requests made regularly and I doubt most will ever be added if there is little demand for it.

11 minutes ago, MotleyG said:

Are you talking about this post, with Chromecast album art? Or the only other post you actually ever made regarding album art when streaming a URL? Either way a direct reply from the developer (single person, not team) may not come any time soon. There are plenty of ideas, suggestions, and requests made regularly and I doubt most will ever be added if there is little demand for it.

Yes exactly same , which is not yet fixed. 

@princestark Are you saying that artwork for a streaming URL (e.g. a radio station) does not get updated for new songs during listening, either on your device or on the Chromecast screen? Or that a station ID image is not shown? Is this just a Chromecast issue, or phone screen too? Can you provide an example URL, as not all radio stations transmit enough metadata for this to work anyway.

Andre

It doesn't get change on Chromecast screen. 

On my device screen it works fine 

Artwork is fetched by Poweramp itself. Which changes in my phone and not on Chromecast screen 

The song details changes fine on Chromecast but not artwork

Link : http://rfcmedia.streamguys1.com/relaxationpremium.mp3

Edited by princestark

What about local file playback, does that change on your Chromecast when you play a new song? Or is the problem solely with new streaming audio channels?

The example you gave doesn't have its own separate images of course, it's just what Poweramp finds by an initial search online for the stream name. For me, without selecting anything manually, I get an old Labor Day Weekend "Relax & Unwind" Radio Station image, which is probably not related to this particular TuneIn station. You may be able to change that behaviour (for the phone screen at least) with the experimental feature: Settings > Album Art > Prefer Track Cover for Streams.

Also you might want to try:

Settings > Audio > Output > Chromecast > Force Send Album Art
Settings > Album Art > Always Send Album Art
Settings > Album Art > API Compatibility

Andre

@princestark it looks like you are posting the same issue on two different threads, which is why I asked.

The issue of artwork when streaming is likely linked closely to a similar topic for titles and other information also not updating. @maxmp addressed this as an issue since PA pretty much only picks up the stream details when it starts and doesn’t live update for reasons he made at that time.

My 2cents on this topic - Poweramp first and foremost is a media player designed for use with local music files. The addition of the streaming and casting functions was done after some user requests. But I personally would much rather have the development focus on improvements to the local playing ability and features, since that is ultimately what PA is for. Honestly there are a ton of other apps that can do those other streaming things, but very few that properly manage local media like PA can.

Two thread is because i forgot the user id and password of other account sorry.

I tried all the methods you told me earlier also never worked. And the main thing i use it streaming radio. We use local files barely as there is so many steaming services. But radio works perfectly for me on Poweramp. So i need a fix for this

As stated on the Settings control, the ability to search for new images when a radio station sends out new Title/Artist data is only experimental. It actually seems to work fairly well for me on the phone screen, but isn't sent out to Chromecast.

This may be fixable when Max is next working in that area, but I doubt it'll be addressed particularly soon as it's not a critical bug, and it's only an experimental feature in the first place.

Andre

6 hours ago, princestark said:

once you will notify him regarding it. Please do that. 

You have already notified him, that's what this forum is for.

I'm sure that whenever @maxmp next takes a look at this experimental feature, he will see if anything can be done for Chromecast images updates too.

Andre