Issue with casting

Cpasley

I love this feature for when I don't want to fire up my PC. Lately though I been having the issue seen in the video, I have gone through the normal wifi connection troubleshooting and no change. This just happened one day out of the blue, is there a setting I need to check or change. I'm usually pretty good at this but I'm stumped since only this is having the issue, local videos, youtube everything else works fine casting.

Edited by Cpasley

On 9/14/2021 at 12:51 AM, andrewilley said:

Poweramp should be converting down to Chromecast supported frequencies, but in case it's a high-res conversion issue (source is 24bit/192kHz FLAC) please could you try with a regular bitrate file (CD ripped MP3 or similar).  What device and Android version are you using?

Andre

Screenshot_20210914-174719_Poweramp.jpg

On 9/14/2021 at 12:51 AM, andrewilley said:

Poweramp should be converting down to Chromecast supported frequencies, but in case it's a high-res conversion issue (source is 24bit/192kHz FLAC) please could you try with a regular bitrate file (CD ripped MP3 or similar).  What device and Android version are you using?

Andre

It has the same issue whether it's mp3, flac or high res. This is a recent development, it worked fine before.

@Cpasley I would suggest some buffer increasing/tweaking in Poweramp chromecast output settings. Also, if any update is available for that builtin chromecast app, please update. 
Poweramp is tested with number of Google chromecast devices and builtin Android TV chromecast app, as for the other devices - experience may vary, esp. on non-updated devices (as Google regularly updates online part and devices must follow).