Does Poweramp standalone eq app work with spotify over chromecast audio?

I cannot find a answer to this with search but with the default Poweramp app I can use the built in eq over chromecast audio but I haven't got the stand alone eq app to work when casting spotify to my chromecast audio. Is this even possible? Thanks. 

Edited by jonwizz

3 hours ago, jonwizz said:

I cannot find a answer to this with search but with the default Poweramp app I can use the built in eq over chromecast audio but I haven't got the stand alone eq app to work when casting spotify to my chromecast audio. Is this even possible? Thanks. 

I don't think this is possible. Outputting to Chromecast with Poweramp player is unique in that audio data is sent locally from the device to the Chromecast endpoint. When playing spotify, however, your device isn't sending audio data, but rather a link to where on the web (spotify's servers) from which to stream audio data. Poweramp EQ cannot intercept in this latter case.

@Fitzian is correct. With streaming services, the Chromecast device (just like Sonos speakers, etc) handles the actual fetching of the bytes of audio data over the internet and it plays the music directly. In such cases, the phone acts more like a remote control in that it simply tells the Chromecast where to find the content, so the phone never actually sees the audio stream so it can't manipulate it.

Andre